3

Elizabeth

After our conversation-turned-interrogation with Claude, Athy and I were, thankfully, fortunate enough to survive.

But we didn't realize that at that time, our absence threw everyone in the Ruby Palace into chaos.

Poor Lily who looked so worried.

I could still remember the maids' reactions when Felix, Claude's known royal guard, had brought us back the palace.

Lily immediately grabs the both of us from Felix's arms, hugging us protectively in her arms, as she and the maids look at him with obvious hostility.

“Kidnapper!!”

“His majesty said he would come visit princess Elizabeth and Athanasia in the near future.” Felix clarified in panic.

'What?! No, I don't want to go through that again!'

“Ehh?!”

“Did he just-”

Seeing the maids reactions, I couldn't help but be confused.

'What's with this response?'

'Is everyone this happy that we received the emperor attention?!'

“Princesses, are you both hurt?” Lily asked, looking at us worriedly.

Overwhelmed by the sudden turn of events, my consciousness starts to fade...

“Princess!”

“Elli!”

And this I ended up fainting.

______________________________________

When I woke up, I was already lying on a bed.

'Wqs everything just a dream?' I thought, still half-awake.

But my thoughts were immediately put to a stop when I saw Lily barging into the room as she goes straight towards me.

She then kneeled beside my bed, “Princess are you alright?”

“He didn't hurt you guys or anything right?”

'Oh, so it hadn't been a dream then..' I turned towards Lily and faintly nodded.

“Alright. Here drink this milk.” Lily hands me the milk bottle.

“Thank you lily!” I smiled at Lily and drank the milk.

Athanasia suddenly barge into the room and runs towards me.

“Elli!” she suddenly hugged me, which almost made me drop my milk.

“Alright. I'm just gonna leave you two alone.” Lily smiled then went out of the room.

“Are you alright now?”

“Yes. I just got a little overwhelmed from all that happened.” seeing that I was really okay, Athy finally relaxed in relief.

“So, our plan failed.” she started.

“I know..”

“I thought everything would be fine as long we were careful

“I thought everything would be fine as long we were careful.” she trailed,
“But it seems like the both of us had been very naive with our thoughts.” she finished.

'We definitely were.' I nodded in agreement.

“So, do you have any idea what we should be doing now?” She asks.

I looked at the ceiling, deep in thought.

“Hmm..what if we just try to steal Claude's heart before Jennette does.” I suggested.

Athy's eye suddenly lit up.

“Elli, you're a genius!”

But then her grin was suddenly put to a halt, as she thought about something.

“But, how are we supposed to do that?” she then asks.

“I don't know. But I'm sure we can think of something.” I assured.

A determined look appears on her face, “Yes, we can. We have to.”