S1, Ep. 2 - Josie and The Other Lake

Years later after multiple moves, me and Jim get to finally go and complete a school year, and we also made a friend who we call Tobes or Toby. I got up early just as usual to scare him while he made food for mom since she has been working late shifts and early morning ones as well at the hospital. He always assumes that I'm not awake yet and guesses on my 'mood' yet it never changes.

I heard him come downstairs as I was at the table sketching, "Morning Jim." he stumbled back, "Geez Josie..I had a knife in my hand,", "And I have a pencil.." I was always replied to in relation to drawing or something with art. "Ok..you have everything for Arcadia Oaks High?" I nodded and asked him the same thing. "Yep..I'll meet you there, Toby will meet you outside.." He nodded at my comment as I left just as he started packing things up as I saw Toby waiting there. "Jim will be out soon..he is just making his meals.", "Okay. See you at school Josie!" I waved goodbye and headed there on my bike. As I took the long route, I sensed today was going to be long.

As I was nearly arriving at school, I heard James say, "Seems like we are tied..." I laughed and looked at him. "Yeah, tied for arrival, now going to beat you to class." I laughed, "Oh your on.." we chained our bikes as he was patiently waiting for Toby trying to figure out his lock. "Need help?" he asked him, "No. I got this!" I smiled at them as he got it just as the late bell rang. "See you later James.." I waved goodbye as he waved goodbye as well, "See you later Josie.." as I headed to class it was math with Ms. Janeth.

"Look who has finally arrived, one half of Twin Lakes." I see that it was Steve, "Not the right appropriate way of using fractions Mr. Palchuk..", "Oh I am so sorry Mrs. Janeth.." his sarcasm always had the teachers fooled. I sat beside Eli, "Just ignore him.." I nodded, "Nothing really is happening besides her going on and on about the school play.", "What is it this year?" I asked, "Romeo and Juliet, yet they're just auditioning for Romeo. Claire blew her away with her audition early this morning and got the part of Juliet.."

I nodded, "But they are looking for understudies in case of any what ifs." I nodded. "So you're going to audition..", "I don't know Eli..I do more doodling than doing any performing.." he looked at me, "Trust me..this is like a new way of being introduced to the school..like for me as an example, I'll always be known as the kid, Steve Palchuk picks on..", "Ever tried to stand up to him.." he shook his head no, "Do I look strong? No. Do I seem confident? Yes. But does that mean I'll stand up. No." I nodded as we started to pay attention to class.

Later on after school, I got a call from mom saying she forgot her dinner and asked if I could bring it to her. I went home, grabbed it and went to the hospital. As I locked my bike up, I grabbed the food and headed inside. "Oh thank you so much honeybee..", "No problem.." she smiled, "So how was your day..I have a few minutes before I have to go back.." I looked at her, "It was good..Eli told me about the play at school and how they are looking for understudies.." she continued to smile, "Are you going to try out?"

"The part already was given to Claire Nunez.." she laughed, "Then she is going to need someone as a backup just in case of what ifs.." I laughed, "I'll think on it.." she nodded, "Tell your brother it's leftovers and or in his case whatever he makes is for dinner and I won't be home." I nodded, "Will do..", "Thanks again honeybee." We hugged before I headed off and just as I pulled in the driveway, he was there talking with Toby just before he left for dinner.

"Hey where were you," he asked, "Visiting Mom..she forgot her dinner and said it will just be us again for dinner." he nodded, "How was your day?" I asked  as I began to lock my bike, "Good. I spoke to Claire.." my eyes widened. "Awesome! That is an improvement!" He laughed nervously, "Yeah if it counts talking in spanish.." I laughed, "Ouch..", "Yeah. She also said she is looking for boys to audition for Romeo and Juliet.."

I looked at her as if it was similar to what Eli was telling me, "Ooo she likes you..", "What no..Claire? I highly doubt it.." I rolled my eyes, "Why would Claire ask you out of all the boys not including Steve to try out for the part of Romeo..though I think the only other boy is Eli.." he looked at me, "I'll think about it..", "Okay..well I am going to do homework in my room if you need me.." he nodded as I headed inside and went to my room and grabbed my textbook to start on Math.