S2, Ep. 4 - Truth Be Told But Heard In Lies

James POV

As all of us headed to the ER, mom called saying she was also on her way. We took the shortcut as my mind was swarming with the questioning of why. All I hope is that Josie is okay, we parked our bikes and walked in as it seemed to be not busy. "Hi..I'm James Lake, someone called about my sister Josephine Lake?", "Right this way..your mother is already here.." the nurse guided us as we entered the room, she was awake. "Hey.." I said as I waved as mom looked at me, "I'll go get you some water Honeybee.." mom left as I went to her. "They said I'm most likely dehydrated.."

Mom came back with water, "Here you go..", "Thanks mom.." she smiled, "You should really thank your teacher..he was the one who found you.." I rolled my eyes, obviously he did. There was a knock on the door and it was Strickler with tulips. He gave the tulips to mom, "For you Barbara..I know how much you work and take care of the kids..I will give you my word if you need any help or anything.." Mom had smiled as I could tell he was trying to get close. But why get closer than we are already at school together.

"I appreciate that Walter..maybe I could take your offer in the coffee..", "That would be lovely..just let me know when.." Josie didn't look pleased, "You can go now mom..James will keep an eye on me..", "You sure Honeybee?" she nodded, "We've been stuck together since the womb..I think he knows a few things.." she laughed, "Alright.." she kissed both of our foreheads, "I'll see you both at home.." We nodded as Mom left with Strickler and went to go talk with the nurses. "So do you remember anything from before you passed out?" I asked as she wasn't talking, "Josie..Please.."

Josie POV

"But this amulet, without it, he is no hero, and with just reading a few words..could make you into something remarkable. So does that answer your questioning of why.." he gave the amulet and the words were sort of glowing. I said the words he wanted me to say and nothing happened then my vision went out and everything went black.

My mind that was once foggy was clear as I didn't remember what just happened. "Hey..honeybee.." I groan a little as my eyes open and I see mom, "What happened,", "You passed out..the nurses assume you were just dehydrated.", "Hey.." I saw James waving as mom looked at him, "I'll go get you some water Honeybee.." mom left as he went to me. "They said I'm most likely dehydrated.."

Mom came back with water, "Here you go..", "Thanks mom.." she smiled, "You should really thank your teacher..he was the one who found you.." Strickler? He found me? Strange. There was a knock on the door and it was Strickler with tulips. He gave the tulips to mom, "For you Barbara..I know how much you work and take care of the kids..I will give you my word if you need any help or anything.."

Mom had smiled, "I appreciate that Walter..maybe I could take your offer in the coffee..", "That would be lovely..just let me know when.." I didn't look pleased, "You can go now mom..James will keep an eye on me..", "You sure Honeybee?" I nodded, "We've been stuck together since the womb..I think he knows a few things.." she laughed, "Alright.." she kissed both of our foreheads, "I'll see you both at home.." We nodded as Mom left with Strickler and went to go talk with the nurses. "So do you remember anything from before you passed out?" he asked me, "Josie..Please.."

I looked at him, "You can read my mind and hear my thoughts and they are all true..James..", "What on earth are you talking about.." I continued to stare at him, "Every hero has a villain as every villain has a hero..what are you..the villain..", "Umm.." said Toby as Claire and James seemed confused. "No..I'm a hero..", "Right..a hero.." I glared at him, "Let me prove it to you..", "Proving that you're a killer and villain.." he groaned, "No..well no..I'm a hero..remember the amulet..that connects to the other world..I can show you.."