S1, Ep. 10 - Double The Jitters

"Wait let me hear you straight and crystal clear..your sister is going on a date..with Steve?!?", "My bet was on Eli.." said Claire, "Okay yes to the date with Steve..", "Have they kissed.." Toby said as James looked at them. "Yes they kissed..but it was when I was outside telling Claire about the world underneath us..", "Oh right..Look Jim, I know it seems weird but its' not going to be as weird as our first date tonight.." James laughed nervously, "Yeah about tonight..", "What's wrong with tonight?" Claire said as James laughed nervously again, "My mom said that we have to go on a double date with Josie and Steve.."

"As if opening night just got much more weird.." he looked at her, "Everything will be fine.." later after the play happened, Claire was backstage along with Josie as she looked at her. "Hey Josephine.." Josie looked at Claire, "Hey.." Claire raised a brow, "You did great out there.." Josie replied, "Thanks..so I heard you're going out with Steve.." Josie nodded, "And I heard you're going out with my brother.." each laughed nervously, "I already know about the double date tonight Josephine..", "Okay.." Josie left to get her makeup off as Claire kept staring at her as she walked away. "Hey." Claire got startled by Jim, "Hey. You did great out there..", "You as well.." He looked in Claire's direction, "Something wrong?", "Your sister seems a bit off. Like she knows something..did you ever tell her about the world.."

Jim shook his head no, "I panicked and got the letter back..", "Well what if she already read it.." his eyes widened, "then she's in danger..Blinky said once a family member knows, a type of gargoyle will come sweep them off their feet in the full moon night.", "and tonight's a full moon.." he looked at her, "Then we better stay indoors." Claire nodded as Steve came up to them, "If it is a half of a Lake..seems like you have more courage than I thought..", "Oh I have courage Steve unlike you.." Claire stood in the middle of them. "Can you two just be nice for this one night.." Claire said as Josie walked out, "I suppose..", "Everyone ready?"  Everyone nodded, "What if we ate at the cafeteria.." Claire suggested, "I second that.." Jim said as only he and Claire knew about the gargoyle. "Umm..sure..I guess..I third that.." Josie looked at them after saying that.

"Sounds good to me..today was pizza day.." Steve said, "I'm going to get some air.." Josie said and as she walked towards the back door, "Wait! Can I come with you?" Claire laughed nervously as the lights started to flicker. "I'm good Claire..I just need to be by myself..Ms. Janeth has been by my side almost all night." She headed out as Claire and Jim seemed frantic. Steve followed behind her, "What are we going to do.." said Jim, "We could stake out on top of the roof..by my guess Steve went to her along with the gargoyle.." they nodded to each other, "Before we do..do your thing and get prepared for killing the bad.." he nodded as Claire headed to the roof.

"Wait up!" Meanwhile outside Josie was sitting on a bench, "I haven't moved Steve..what are you doing here..", "Just came to comfort you.." She smiled as he went to sit by her, Jim headed up on the roof towards Claire. "What did I miss.." he whispered, "Nothing much..he only came out here to comfort her..", "So no sign of the Gargoyle.." Claire shook her head no. "I'm glad I asked you out.." Steve held Josie's hand, she smiled, "Me too.." and held his hand. "I can't bear to watch this gush fest.." Jim mumbled as there was a screech, "I hear the Gargoyle.." Claire said as Jim brought out the sword of Daylight, "Oh great.." as the screeching continued the Gargoyle wasn't in sight. "You guys are so cute together!?!" Said Eli as Jim and Claire looked at each other."Eli?"

They both said as Steve looked at him, "What do you want Pepperjack..", "Oh. Just saying hi also Coach is looking for you.." Steve sighed, "I'll be back.." he left as Eli looked at her, "So have you told him..", "Nope..I have written and photo proof but none verbally.." Eli shrugged, "Photo and written proof? Proof of what." Claire mumbled, "Well why not go straight forward and you ask him the questions..and can't you try and do well with telepathy..", "If only we were close then I could feel his pain but never transmit thoughts.." Claire looked at Jim, "I think she's talking about you.." he raised a brow, "Telepathy?" Claire hits his shoulder, "Twin Telepathy..it is when one twin can access the thoughts and feelings of the other twin without the other giving any prompts or signs. Almost like a sixth sense exists between twins.",

"Ouch.." both their eyes widened staring at Josie as she rubbed her shoulder, "Told you it exists..", "You okay Josie.." Eli went to her, "Yeah just pain in the shoulder.." there was a screech as this time it wasn't Eli, there was a shake in the ground. "I'll stay above, you go below." Said Claire as Jim went down. "Earthquake?" Mumbled Eli as he stood up and panicked, "Earthquake!" He ran away as Josie was all alone. The gargoyle landed and screeched towards Josie, "AH!" She screamed and got off the bench and fell back. "Josephine Brooklyn Lake.." she scouted back as it said her name, "What..How..AH!"  She put her hands up in defense as Jim freaked out and ran to the Gargoyle and started hitting and fighting back and forth as Josie placed her hands down and seemed to be in Stricklers' classroom. "Seems like you've awakened..", "What? But I was at the opening night in the courtyard.." he laughed, "Yes, you and the crew indeed put on a splendid reputation of Romeo and Juliet.."

"Then why am I in here in your classroom.." he looked at her, "to continue the history lesson of course..and also to give a gift..", "A gift?" He slid to her a brown ring with ominous texture and a glowing yellow symbol on the face. "That looks kind of creepy..", "It's an antique..almost everything is creepy but also valuable.." Josie looked at it weirdly, "Does it come with a gift receipt..", "No..No it doesn't.." she picked up and had it in her palm and tried handing it back to Strickler, "I appreciate the offer..but like my mom says..creepy things remain cheap as good things remain expensive.."

"And I say anything given as a token of gratitude for a job well done is a reasonable gift.." he closed her hand and flipped it over as the ring was now on her finger. "Now tell me..about the evidence.." Josie's eyes started to flicker. "Elijah Pepper Jack has photo proof that my brother is the Trollhunter and the others who know are Claire Nunez and Tobias Domzalski.." Josies' eyes went completely black with the center being yellow. "Perfect..now my friend, make sure you start acting like a girl and not one who rots in anger..", "You have my word as my soul is bound to hers as long as she wears the ring.." It was Angor Rot who possessed Josie as he shook, "How are the eyes..", "Good as the ocean blue..now lose the accent and we have ourselves a new improvement of Josephine Brooke Lake..just beware her brother is the troll hunter..so be on the downlow.." he nodded. "Now let me walk you out to your new mother..her name is Barbara and she nicknames Josephine as Josie and or Honeybee so I've heard along with rumors of her dating a boy named Steve Pulchuk.."

The End?