S2, Ep. 9 - A Change In A Changeling

James POV

It was days later after the fatal memory loss Josie had, I still kept my eye on her and strickler. Though she had changed since I took her Trollmarket, she began being less herself. "Come on Josie we are gonna be late if we don't leave now.." I told her as she finally came down the stairs, "I'm coming geez," she grabbed the brunch I made her and we headed off on our bikes as Toby came along the way.

As we rode on our bikes, she didn't stay by my side but was ahead at least 4 feet. "I'm telling you Tobes, something off about her..like she is not the Josie I remember growing up with..", "What do you mean.." I explained to him the way she acts and speaks to me and mom, and the lack of color in her drawings which gave it mostly away.

We got to school and I saw Strickler locking eyes with me and a quick glance at Josie. "May I have a word with you Mr. Lake.." I gulped, afraid but I knew I could ask him for his reasons. "I suppose.." I answered as he guided me to his office, he closed the door and locked it. "First things first.." he went in his pocket and gave me back the amulet. "How'd do..but..how.." I said, "Your sister is quite the master of stealth I should say..she is way too good..which brings me to why I asked you in here."

I raised a brow, "before that..do you want to explain to me that my sister may be a public enemy to the trolls..like the name Nightwalker.." he looked confused, "I haven't heard that name in forever.." I raised a brow, "What do you mean forever..", "the last known one was a troll.." I rolled my eyes, "I knew that..", "But did you know the troll spirit still lives..it haunts the minds of those who need a bit more of a spotlight on them.."

I looked at him strange, "What was their name..", "Zola, she was right before Deya made her appearance of the world, but at that same time Angor Rot made his appearance and took his control of light and shined it on her and well she didn't turn to stone but had the eyes of the black soul better known as the Nightwalker." I tilted my head, "But why call it a nightwalker if it is protected by the sun.."

"That is when they have a surge of energy, just like how daylight gives the surge of energy to get into the armor."  that would make some sense, "I know you hate me and all but if we could start over, I am sure there is a chance to get the Josie you know back into herself and not Zola..", "So that explains her attitude from the past few days..Zola was haunting her mind.." he nodded, "And speaking of our starting over, I must admit that I am coming for dinner again..", "Say what now.."