Chapter 1 - First Impressions Are Overrated Anyway

A/N Hey guys! This is my first ever wattpad story, so apologies in advance for how trash its going to be. If something is written like this it is a character's thoughts. But anyways enough from me, I hope you enjoy! - Tabitha 🌸

"This organisation is smart, secretive, and their agents are highly skilled combatants, so I expect all of you to focus and work to the best of your ability. I need all of you to be paying full attention during meetings from now on. That includes you too Y/N. Ahem."

You snap your head back to Fury, who has been droning on about the same investigation for at least an hour now. Heck, even Hill looks bored. The team is seated around the table for a briefing on the newest threat that endangering the world. Yipee.

"Yeah, I know. Sorry da-DIRECTOR."

Well shit. You face-palm and prepare for endless taunts from the team. 

"Wait a damn second, did Y/N just call Fury DAD?" says Tony, who is currently sitting opposite you.

"What no, NO. You must be hearing things old man I said director." You exclaim in a panicked voice. Great, any chance you had of trying to play this cool now are gone out the window. 

"Y/N I don't even have my hearing aids on and I still heard you call him dad." 

"Oh piss off Clint." you can feel your face heating up. Fury still has the same stone cold expression on his face as always.

"Is it adopt a dad day or something, because the last time I checked, the parents are the ones who usually pick the child. Not the other way round." Tony's voice now bursting with sarcasm.

"At least I don't pick up stray children wherever I go, no offence Parker."

"None taken" quips the spiderling quickly. Peter is definitely one of your closest friends in the compound, along with Nat, Wanda and Pietro. Everyone in the compound is the closest thing you have to family. 

Ever since you were brought to earth and left alone, you had to learn to fend for yourself. Over the past few centuries, it hasn't gotten that much easier. It takes a long time for you to open up to people now, already made even more difficult considering you always seem to go for assholes.

"Let's just continue on shall we." Fury continues to go over what we known about this new organisation and skip past that whole ordeal.

"They go by the name the Exonerators, we have only recently found out after eradicating HYDRA that they have been working under the radar for decades. We discovered through HYDRA's files that they are behind almost every terrorist attack or any accidental deaths that have occurred in the past 30 years. This won't be an easy task, heck it may even be harder than getting rid of HYDRA, but you're our best shot. Don't let me down."

"Have we ever let you down Fury? Don't worry, we will get them, I'm sure of it." Natasha guarantees to Fury. How she is so confident every mission, you'll never know.

"At least someone is." you hear Fury mumble to himself on his way out. He stops and turns back around in the door frame.

"Oh and one more thing, Thor's back from Asgard to help" 

"You should've opened with that Fury, then maybe we would've listened to your briefing." Pietro comments cheekily and winks. Within a second, Pietro has zoomed out of the room on the hunt for the boisterous Prince of Asgard. Everyone follows suit and leaves to find Thor. You hang back with Fury and Maria.

"They should have waited." Maria whispers under her breath. Fury silently nods in agreement.

"Waited for what, what's going on?"