Chapter 9 - Now you're lost

"WOOHOO GO Y/N!" your sister cheers as you step up to the platform. It's the day you are  to be taken to Earth and sworn in as it's protector. You know the basics about Earth, like the geography and history of the planet, but not much so much about human behaviour. 

You aren't too excited to be leaving, especially as it means leaving you sister alone. But you smile and wave to the crowd of people, standing alongside the other chosen protectors of the planets. You have to put on a brave face, although you're terrified of being the only one of your kind on your planet. 

The reason those who hail from Inisfáil have been able to travel all over galaxy for a millenia, is because of the Púca, a group of  equestrian spirits who roam freely throughout the cosmos. They were misunderstood because of their immense power in whatever planet they chose to reside, and deemed to be evil creatures. 

Until they one day landed on Inisfáil, where the original gods recognised their innocence and beauty. Inisfáil is now the home of the Púca, and as a form of gratitude, they carry those who need across the galaxy.

Mounting the Púca named Sorcha, you give one last wave goodbye. Never to see your sister, friends, or anyone from the kingdom again.

Waking up from your sad memory, you look around to find yourself trapped in yet another awful echo of the past. Only this time, it's not another dream.

Sitting up from your bed, you take a look around the luxurious room, in any other situation a room this extravagant would be lavish. But remembering why you are here, you would rather be discarded into a sewer.

You have thought through every possible reality, ever conceivable way you could escape. But no matter what plan seems to be achievable in you head, there's already a countermeasure being put in place by Holloway. 

"Finally you're up, apologies about the sleeping pill, you just wouldn't seem to fall asleep," Conrad says while entering through the gold lined door frame. 'Geez I wonder why, maybe the knowing that everyone that I love is in danger,' you think to yourself. 

Instead of responding, you simply scowl and stand up out of the bed.

"Oh stop being so grumpy peach, I have a mission for you," Oh no. The team better find you soon.

"And would you like to explain what it will be?" you ask disgusted at the pet name. How did you ever fall for this man. Well, an explanation is probably due.

You were on a mission when you met him, in a nightclub in Sydney. You were only there to scope out a gang that was on the rise, minuscule in proportion to what Holloway's empire is now, when a sheepish looking man spilled his drink on you. Not conventionally attractive, but the way he spoke and acted drew you in. He seemed much kinder than any person you had ever had an interest in, but long story short, he wasn't.

"You must kill Loki," your heart drops. What. He had never once made you harm anyone on your team. Keeping as calm as possible, you put on your best pokerface.

"And why must I do that," keeping your voice steady. 

"Because if you don't, I will kill every member of the Avengers, including him," he says in a playful tone. How could such a kind voice utter such menacing words.

"And why Loki?" you ask, trying to get as much information out of him as possible. 

"Oh you ignorant girl, why do you think I broke out of prison. I found out from a source of mine that you two had become, close. Luckily your friend with a goatee found my party in time before he could lay his filthy hands on you," 'his filthy hands? You have to be kidding me' you think to yourself, baffled by the irony in his response.