Chapter 14 - Falling for Ya

The town is adorned with beautiful garlands of peonies and roses. People dance to the upbeat music playing throughout the square. Small flames scurry through the cobble, surrounding the large brightly coloured bonfire. The sky illuminated by a wide array of hues. You grab Loki's hand and lead him through the crowd towards the market stalls, decorated with hundreds of foods people brought from all over the galaxy.

"Y/N!"

"Aengus! It's wonderful to see you. How has Alfheim been treating you," you run to hug your friend.

"It's as magnificent as ever," he replies.

"Alfheim?" Loki inquires.

"Oh! Yes, Aengus meet Loki," you realise Loki is actually quite well-known in those realms.

"As in the Prince of Asgard, son of the ruler of the nine realms," Aengus whispers to you, and you nod. Aengus turns to Loki quickly.

"Your royal highness, I apologise for my rudeness," he says while bowing.

"There's no need for that, I'm just here to enjoy the festival. So please do try to keep it under the radar."

"Of course your highness," Loki gives him an indicative look, "I mean, random stranger I have never met."

"So Aengus, are you still writing poetry?"

"Do I ever? It's the only thing keeping me going on Alfheim. I know it's our job to keep the peace, but on an already peaceful planet it can be rather dull."

You catch up with your friend, Loki seeming to stand closer and closer to you the longer the interaction went on. The conversation started with you standing beside him, and now the god has his arm wrapped tightly around your waist.

"We better get going, there's so much I must show him. I'll see you later Aengus."

"See you next year!" he shouts to you, already running away to greet another pair from a gateway.

"Could you have been any more jealous Loki? I'm allowed to have friends you know."

"Pfft, me? Jealous? Never." Loki replies defensively.

"Whatever you say pretty boy," you jest, as he rolls his eyes with a smirk on his face.

"Can we get something to eat, I'm starved," Loki asks you.

"Oh! We have to go get some báirín breac," you utter excitedly, and drag Loki towards one of the food stands.

"They always have different items hidden in them, which tell you your fortune," you explain as you take two slices from the little old lady at the stand.

"And do the fortunes ever prove to be true?" Loki questions superstitiously.

"You have to wait and see to find out," you remark. You both inspect your slices, and take a bite. You get nothing in yours, but Loki pulls out a ring. Oh gods, he got the ring. The ring symbolises love and marriage.

"And what does a ring mean?" Loki inquires.

"Good fortune, now let's go we will be late for the banquet," you respond quickly, not wanting to mention the l-word yet. 

~~~~~~~

"All rise for her majesty, Queen Macha." The banquet hall all immediately stand from their seats, you and Loki seated only a few seats away from her. Queen Macha is beloved by all on Inisfáil, and is renowned for her kindness, everlasting beauty and fiery red hair.