8

Severus walks behind his father and Mcgongal trying to control his fear and hide his shaking hands. They go into the headmaster office and the two men take there seats and mcgongal leans against the desk.

The man takes a shakey breath. "Your mother has died."

Severus looks at his dad. He seems not drunk and to actually be there. A rare moment. "Moms dead?" Severus mumbles as it slowly sinks in.

Tobias watches Severus with next to no emotion. "Im sorry severus. Luckly it was painless. Shes at peace. Would you like to help me plan the furel."

"Yeah sure." Severys mumbles staring blankly at the floor not really hearing him since hes trying to get all his emotions in line.

"So i can stay for a few days then?"

Severus shrugs, and Mcgongal frowns knowing severus isnt listining and knows hes not a good man to have around Severus.

"Well good were will i stay?" Tobias asks.

Mcgongal goes ahead and shows him and Severus goes to find Harry.

Severus goes into the common room and sees Harry sitting wirh his friends. So he sits next to harry and curls up to his side.

Harry looks at Severus supprised unsure how to respond. This is a hudge step forward concedering he havnt even been able to hold his hand. "Hey Sev." Harry says softly and puts a arm around his shoulders. "What's happening?" Harry asks glancinv at his friends who are also supprised at Severus actions.

Severus shakes his head and grips harrys shirt trying to stop there shaking and fight off the sick panic feeling.

Harry frowns and decides to take him up to the boys dormitory so they can be alone. He sits on his bed cuddling severus to his side and runs his fingers through his hair.

Severus closes his eyes relaxing slightly wishing one of the others will take over but they are strangly quiet.

"Hey whats goijg on? Is it that man? Who is he?" Harry asks running his fingers through his hair.

"Hes my dad." Severud mumbles holding onto harry tightly.

That man who supposdly is his father is making Severus act like this? Some one who Harry thinks is one of the two bravest men he knew. "Well i promise i wont let you be alone with that guy."

Severus looks at Harry supprised. "Th. Thank. You."

Harry grins and plays with Severus hair enjoying the affection he gets to give Severus.

Severus looks at Harry. "Thank you."

"Your welcome."

Severus falls asleep and harru carfully gets up amd hurries down to his friends.

"So what was all that about?" Hermione asks.

"Well wjen we got back tjere was sombody talking to Headmistress Mcgongal and Severus was starting to act weird. Aparently thats his dad." Harry sighs and bites his lip. "Maybe ill go talk to him."

"Is that a good idea? I mean Snapes scared of him! And snapes the second scariest wizard. The scariest being Voldemort!" Ron squeaks.

Harry rembers the memory of Severus curled up in a corner crying as his parents argued. "I think ill be fine Ron. Besides hes a muggle whats the worst he can do. How about you two stau and tell Severus i had to go do somthing if he wakes up."

"Ill come with you." Ron says standing with Harry.

Hermione sighs. "I think you should have Ron go with you. As he said Snape is scared of him. And he wasnt even scared of Voldemort, or at least didnt show it like this."

"Alright fine." Harry and Ron leave Hermione to read and go to find Tobias snape.