Chapter 30

I'm doing 32 chapters! :D

Everything Cub had been keeping hidden, every single thing he'd been having nightmares about. All the stuff he didn't want to tell anyone. The stuff only he and Scar had known for all these years and seasons. It all came out in that moment. Everyone was silent. Listening. Or just being respectful, regardless of whether or not they trusted or believed him. Eventually, he finished. The silence continued until Jevin spoke.

'You never told anyone this.' 

Cub shook his head. 'I didn't want you to worry about me. Or Scar.'

'We're you're friends.' Pearl reasoned 

'We're already worried about you.' Finished Jevin, earning himself a laugh from the Vexling. 

'I know.'

'So... how will we use this to kill Herobrine?' Skizz prompted. 

'Well, Cub's not fighting him. That much is certain.'

'Jevin, why are you so protective of me?!' 

'Because you're my friend! And because it proves to some of us that I'm not on Herobrine's side.' Hypno hmphed back at the slime's glare, crossing his arms. 

'All I know is that the last time I saw you before this, you were trying to murder me, Stress's blood still on your hands.' 

'Herobrine. Made. Me. Do. It.' 

'GUYS! Stop arguing!' Skizz snapped. 'How will we fight? Who should we focus on more? And are any of us any good with potions and healing stuff, because we're gonna get hurt from this.' 

'Skizz is right.' Backed up Grian. 'We need someone to stay back and be there in case we need emergency Gapples and healing potions.' 

'I can do that.' TFC stepped forwards. 'I'm not good at fighting, so I can stay back here and help.' 

'Great. What else? Who should we go for?'

'Gem.' Responded Pearl and False, almost at exactly the same time. 

'Her vines and magic powers ain't that easy to stop.' Added Pearl. 'Me and False can go for her and try to kill or distract her while the rest of you fight in the open. If you're fine with that?'

'I'll distract Gem with you.' 

'Great! What else? Who'll go for Herobrine?'

'I don't know.' Jimmy finally spoke, eyes still red from crying about Scott. 'But I kill Martyn.'

'I can stay with TFC and fire arrows.' Hypno raised a hand. 'And I'll watch Jevin in case he goes rogue.' 

'Great. Also, shut up about Jevin.' Cub nodded back. 'So... who does that leave to fight the rest of them?' 

'Iskall, Me, Grian, you, Jevin, Beef and Jimmy. That should be enough.' Skizz figured out using the list of names the author had written to remember who was left.'

'What about Tango and Doc?' Pearl asked. 

'Tango's a traitor, and Doc's probably one too.' Skizz worked out very quickly. 'And I'll kill Tango.'

'They might not be... they've helped us before in fights.' Cub protested. 'We can't rule them out as potential allies. In the same way we can't rule out Jevin.' 

'Yeah, right...'

'If Mumbo's avenged, I'm happy.' Iskall muttered. 

'Same with Scott.' 

'Alright. But still, who'll fight Herobrine?'

'Whoever's free. Except Cub.'

'I can fight who I want to fight!' 

'That's fine, if you're not automatically taking all the blows you hit on them.'

'Jevin, Cub, it's great that you care about each other's wellbeing, but stop arguing!' Grian broke up their bickering quickly. 'Now, if everything's-' He broke off sharply as furred paws dragged him away. His wings flapped, feet skidding on the ground. Skizz screamed, turning and trying to attack Etho, the cause of the disturbance, with must difficulty. Grian finally broke free, the half-fox's claws having scored right across his face and mouth, blood in his mouth.

'Sorry if you wanted to plan further.' 

'GO AWAY ETHO THE JERK-BUTT!' Skizz howled, charging at him. The ninja dodged, jumping down into the melee of other hermits. Hypno fired an arrow at him, before breaking down the door and running outside.  

He sensed Iskall right behind him, most of the group streaming out behind. Cleo and Martyn were there, ready for them, with the latter quickly charging at him. 

'MONSTER! TRAITOR!' Jimmy barrelled passed Hypno, striking his ex-friend before Martyn to even comprehend him behind there. Cleo backed away, placing down a couple of armour-stands as she went before turning, eyes glowing green and her two wooden soldiers springing into action. Beef ended up fighting one, slicing and dodging their hard-hitting arms. The second joined in the fight, and he kicked them away, pulling out flint and steel and lighting one on fire.

Behind him, Jimmy and Martyn were still battling, somehow equal despite the better fighting abilities of the latter. Axe hit arm, and the remaining flower-husband fell to the ground, rolling and dodging the impact, but still winded. He scrambled back to his feet, blocked another attack, and then slashed at Martyn again. Blood stained his green top brown, and he lunged for another blow. Jimmy staggered back, half in fear, almost crashing into Grian behind him. 

'Sorry!' He yelled. The winged hermit quickly forgave him, behind taking to the air, circling Boatem. Skizz and Etho were still in close combat, and Beef had managed to kill both armour stands and was going straight for Cleo. Doc and Tango still hadn't appeared and proven their loyalty either way, but Jevin was still there, looking for an enemy to fight. Iskall was fending off a very aggressive dog the others had explained was Joel, but after a few nasty blows the (living) canine third-liver was running off, tail between his legs. Grian scanned the area for Herobrine, and eventually spotted him, watching the battle from what he thought was a safe distance. 

He dived straight down, sword out, and landed next to him. The glitch leapt back in terror and again, all Grian could see was Scar. But he managed to shake it off quickly when what one was his friend teleported behind, slicing at his wings. Grian turned, blocking, knocking the glitch's sword away. An immediate response came in the form of a shove back, into the doors of the cathedral Herobrine had made his home. 

Grian scrambled to his feet, dodging the glitch and watching as he skidded further into the room. Herobrine turned back, fury twisting his features. 

'Sorry, glitch Boi, but you're not going to beat me like that.' Grian fled before Herobrine could attack, taking off again. 

Cub was standing nearby, as though he'd been waiting for the glitch to appear. A look of determination on his face, he attacked, falling back as he took the pain. He knew he was stronger than Herobrine. He knew he could win this fight. Especially if Grian came back again. 

He sent a blast of magic at the glitch, who barely avoided it, foot stuck, having to teleport out, confidence and options slowly fading. So, once more, he used his last defence. 

He tore into the space-time mess between worlds, and a shimmering portal appeared. He darted through, and it closed quickly behind, but not before Cub could realise where it led.

'What's going on? Has Herobrine fled?' Asked Grian as he landed beside his friend. Cub shook his head, silently opening his own portal with the admin powers he still had. He looked back at Grian. 

'Not to there. Grian, let me show you the world of the Vexlings.'