Chapter two

Edited

Age twelve- (That mission)
I was on a mission with my team members and Minato-sensei. I was in an okay situation with my team and actually grew to like them. Me and Rin were decent friends, but I could tell that she was jealous of me and Kakashi's relationship and our closeness. Obito and I were the same as always. We were only friends. He was obsessed with getting Rin to like him but it was obvious that she only had eyes for Kakashi. I still loved him but I still knew that he would never see me in that light. Then there was Kakashi. At times we'd get along but sometimes he would be a pain. I still care for him though. He's annoying at times with his rules but deep inside, we have an understanding of each other.

Kakashi's POV-

Y/n was thinking something while we were walking. I've been thinking about her a lot recently. She is my ideal person to fall in love with so I guess it's not surprising I fell for her. We've known each other since the academy days and she was always shy. I am jealous of Obito though. She's loved him for the longest time and I hate him for that. He never even bothered to reciprocate her feelings. She never did tell him though. Maybe I should get them together because all I want is to see Y/n happy.

While I was thinking, I heard a sound coming from the bushes. We began our fight with the enemy. Me and Obito began to attack the same guy while y/n went for another one of them. Rin was more of a support which made her our weak point. They'd officially took Rin. 

Y/n's POV-

Rin just got kidnapped by the criminals after Minato left to go on ahead. Obito went off on Kakashi because Kakashi prioritized the mission over saving Rin. Obito then left and I followed. "I'll go with you,."I said, miserably. Obito was happy with what I said. As we got a certain distance from Kakashi, Obito looked at me. "Thank you for coming with me, Y/n. You've always been such an amazing friend." said Obito. "Friend..." I didn't know that a word from him could hurt so deep, but I just smiled. We then appear near a cave, where Rin was supposedly tied up. "Rin is in there. Let's go." said Obito. I was trying to impress Obito when we ran into the criminals but I only got hurt. I was stabbed deeply in the stomach and coughed blood. Kakashi then came but got his eye cut. It was so deep, his eye would be ruined for life. We finally defeated them and went to save Rin.

We were running and managed to untie her. As we were running, a ninja used rock jutsu. A boulder began to fall and that's when Obito pushed Kakashi out of the way and the right part of his body was crushed by the boulder. "O-Obito..." I struggled to say. Tears began to fall down my face. I ran towards him and placed his left arm in my hands. Obito gave his left eye to Kakashi and spoke his final words to him. The boulder was about to crumble but I sat there shedding tears. "Y/n, please leave. I can't allow you to get hurt." said Obito. I then confessed all my feelings. "No, I can't leave you here! You're my friend whom I love so much! How could I let you die alone if I've loved you this whole time! Ever since we were kids, I have loved you so much! I held back my feelings and tried to bury them but in the end I couldn't. I know you loved Rin so I stepped aside but  I can't anymore. If you die then I'll die with you!" I said with tears now falling from my face. Obito, Kakashi and Rin were surprised by what I said. Obito then looked at Kakashi and Kakashi pulled me away. "NO OBITO. YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME!" I yelled.  I think I was the only one to hear his last words considering he whispered. "I love you Y/n." he said before his body was crushed. I was in shock that Rin and Kakashi walked me home. I didn't eat or sleep for three days until Kakashi came to cheer me up. "This reminds me of when you came to help me with my father," siad Kakashi. I didn't even blink.

Kakashi's POV-

Y/n finally confessed to Obito when he died. She was so devastated and didn't bother to come to his funeral service. We never recovered the body though. Y/n sat there in devastation and I hugged her. I hated seeing her like this. After I hugged her, I forced her to eat. Kurenai, Asuma, and Guy visited but she didn't bother to speak. I stayed with her for two weeks before she finally returned to her semi-normal self. I miss her bright self.

"Are you alright now?" I asked. "M-Maybe. Thank you for helping me these past two weeks. I don't know how I could ever repay you." She said. I want her to love me but I can't force her love. I thought that if she loved me, I could heal her heart. "Just consider this a makeup for when you helped me with my dad." I said. She was left surprised.

End of chapter