7

ART: Kl_spp.

Mentions of abuse. (Kind of)

-

"Hey Luz, you wanna go check out on your siblings?" Amity suddenly asked. Luz looked at her questioningly, "They texted me saying they missed you." Amity clarified.

Luz shrugged, "Let me just get my bat to intimidate people and we can head there." Luz answered. Amity nodded and ran to her room.

She went to her closet and picked out some clothes. She wore a white collared shirt with a cream like colour vest and added some light blue jeans with a set of yellow shoes.

When she finished, she ran back downstairs to see Luz with her regular outfit on and with a bat held on her right shoulder.

"Ready to go, Cotton?" Luz suddenly asked. Amity nodded with a proud smile and gave Luz a quick kiss.

Amity opened the door and when she saw Luz go out, she closed the door and locked it shut so no one would rob Luz's baby pictures since that was basically all that was valuable to her.

She giggled quietly just at the thought of Luz's baby pictures, she had a whole album of them and it always made Amity happy.

She probably remembered all the pictures cause of how much she stared at them though. That also sounds awfully creepy.

While they were walking Amity got a scroll call, when she read the contact name she sighed in disgust. "Yes, mom?" Amity spoke.

"Amity Blight! Get back to the manor this insistence. You're responsible for this!" Odalia screamed.

Luz cringed at the yelling.

Amity turned to Luz and sighed, "Yes, mom." She repeated. "Good, i expect you to be here in 5." Odalia said, calmly.

Amity hung up and frowned as she looked at Luz. "I don't even know what she's talking about." Amity suddenly questioned.

Luz put on her thinking face, "Maybe it has something to do with Emira and Edric," Luz guessed, "they usually lie to your mom to get you in trouble." Luz finished.

"That sounds horrible coming from you since you're their best friend." Amity snorted. "Huh.. It kind of does." Luz agreed.

-

"Amity Blight! First you're late. Second you broke my favourite vase. Why?" Odalia yelled.

Amity clenched her teeth, "I'm sorry, mom." She said, it was all she could say.

"4 years ago. You made all our clients leave. Do you know how hard it was for me and your father to work to the top once again?" Odalia said. It was blunt, harsh and calm all in one. Her icy blue eyes were staring right at Amity's. She could tell she was furious.

"It's literally just a vase, buy a new one." A certain someone spoke, from the dark corner.

"Who the fuck are you, and why are you in our manor." Odalia questioned, genuinely confused.

"Luz, Luz Noceda." She answered. Amity's eyes widened and she quickly turned to her mother to see her reaction.

"You're that bitch who made our clients go away, huh." Odalia remembered. "Wow, you're swearing. So scary." Luz spoke.

"You know, let's not be an abusive control freak and move on from your vase accident, cause this is the stupidest shit to yell over." Luz reasoned.

Odalia showed her anger easily. Her eyes were directly staring into Luz's but Luz didn't even move. She stood right where she was and stared right back at her, while grinning.

"Fine, you win. But i'm not letting this happen again." Odalia confirmed. "Since your hobby is literally controlling your fucking children, we already know its gonna happen again." Luz said, taking Amity's hand.

Luz opened the front door and let Amity get out first. After Amity got out, Luz slammed the door shut and cleared the dust off her jacket.

"So, let's go check on Vee and Hunter now?" Luz suddenly asked.

Amity turned her head to face Luz and raised her left eyebrow in disbelief. "You just stood up to my MOM?" Amity spoke.

"And you're asking me to go check on your siblings right now?" Amity finished.

Luz scratched the back of her neck, "Well i never said you had too." Luz reasoned.

Amity frowned, "Sorry, darling. I just.. After 4 years ago, standing up to my mom is- Kind of scary." She clarified.

"Oh yeah, definitely. That abomination smashed my face. I don't get how we lived." Luz said, shoving a random candy bar in her mouth.

Amity took the candy bar and ate it instead. "Please don't eat like that in front of me ever again." Amity asked. Luz shrugged. "Alright then." She obeyed.

Luz secretly stole back the candy bar when Amity looked away and right when she was gonna eat the last piece Amity gently grabbed Luz and gave her a quick peck on the lips.

"Who taught you to steal, darling?" Amity teased. Luz frowned, "I just wanted my candy bar back, Cotton."

"I'm just teasing, love. Let's go see your siblings though, don't wanna keep them waiting longer." Amity suggested.

Luz nodded in agreement while eating the last piece of her candy bar.

-

"Hey jerk." Luz greeted. Hunter to be exact. "Where's Vee?" Amity suddenly questioned. "Why do you wanna know where Vee is?" Hunter asked, raising his left eyebrow.

"She got a girlfriend, wanna know how she's been." Amity simply answered. "She got a girlfriend and told you but not me?" Luz asked.

"Yeah basically. Anyways, where is she?" Amity asked, once again. "Upstairs, my room." Hunter responded.

They both saw Amity walk upstairs but shrugged.

Amity headed to Hunter's room and saw Vee eating her Hexes Hold'em cards, disguised as Luz but in a different way.

"Hey Vee." Amity waved.

Vee turned around, fast. Like she was gonna fight someone, but her body became calm again when she realized it was just Amity.

"Oh." Vee said. "Hi Amity!" Vee greeted. "Is Luz here?" She asked.

Amity nodded, "She's downstairs, maybe tell her about your girlfriend before she gets high on candy though." Amity suggested.

Vee giggled, "I know." She smiled.

They both went downstairs and Vee ran to hug Luz. She hugged back and it was all wholesome until, "So who's your girlfriend?"

Vee faced Luz and her face dipped, "Seriously?" Was all Vee responded with.

"Yeah, seriously. I wanna know." Luz answered. "Her name is Clara." Vee said.

"That's one basic ass name." Luz commented. "Agreed." Hunter said, sipping on hid Koolaid. "It sounds like a popular cheerleaders name." Amity thought.

"She is a popular cheerleader. She's the leader of the team." Vee confirmed. "Smart, fucking, ass." Hunter said, referring to Amity.

"Thanks, but i'm aware." Amity responded. "Cocky too." Luz muttered, looking at the ceiling. "I heard that, darling." Amity said.

"Kidding, i was kidding." Luz defended. "I'm too." Amity responded, with a smug grin."

Luz frowned and walked away to one of the cabinets in the kitchen and saw a whole stack of candy with a name tag on it,

Hunter's Candy. DONT TOUCH.

Luz shrugged, "Meh, if he kills me, i'll be taking the candy with me in Heaven." She thought out loud.

"Not a good idea, Luzy." Vee said. "Look, Five, i'm not gonna die. Nothing to worry about." Luz replied, simply.

Vee rolled her eyes and walked away.

-

Does the Odalia part count as angst 🧍‍♂️