6

Jisung pressed his lips together as he laid against the hood of his car. He cast his eyes up to the baby blue sky. He had beat Jeongin. He'd done it and now he was going to go against Seungmin. Minho had said that Seungmin was the master of safe driving. That didn't make sense to Jisung in the slightest. He supposed it would in the long run, after seeing his competitor racing. He was guessing that's what was going to happen, as Minho had said there was a surprise. Though, the brunette didn't understand why that was a reason to bring his suitcase. Perhaps they were going somewhere for the night?

A whole night. Jisung closed his eyes, thinking back to the day before when Minho had taken him to the beach. The nice breeze, the warm sand between his toes, the smile Minho showed, as well as the arms he became locked in after tripping. Jisung's eyes opened, ears beginning to burn slightly. Why was he thinking about that? He needed to focus on driving. Driving was most important right now. No matter how hard he tried to keep his mind from straying it continued back to the older driver.

Chris and Changbin didn't seem to be packing their suitcases. Did that mean it would just be Minho and Jisung? His heart began to thump against his chest, ears clogging with the sound of his pumping blood. Was he going to be staying alone with Minho somewhere far away? Had Chris given permission? No, Chris wasn't his mother. He didn't need his permission. Still, was Jisung okay with staying alone with Minho for a whole night? Just the two of them beneath the sheets of their beds, trying to sleep while an awkward silence enveloped them. Or would something else happen?

"What are you thinking about? Your ears are red."

Jisung snapped his attention to the man in front of him, who was exiting the same convertable he'd ridden in only hours ago. "Nothing. It's just hot out." Jisung lied, Minho raising a brow at the obvious lie. It wasn't hot. It was a chill early morning. The sun hadn't even risen.

"Right. Did you do everything I asked?" Minho seemed to push the topic of the others warmth aside, more concerned with the matter of a packed back. One he didn't see with the other.

"Yeah." Jisung pushed himself up from the hood of his car, picking up a grey backpack by the tire. He swung it around his arm, smiling like an idiot.

"You're taking a backpack?" Minho seemed surprised by the fact.

"Uh, you said it was a surprise destination and to pack clothes. I don't know where we're going or how long we are going to stay. I didn't want to over pack so I just shoved some outfits in it and left."

"You woke up late, didn't you?"

Jisung glanced away, hand meeting the back of his neck. Minho hit the nail on the head with that one. The younger let out a nervous laugh. "Yeah. You also said not to be late so..."

"It's fine." Minho quickly interupted the other, walking up to him and slipping his hand underneath the backpack's strip. Jisung blinked, confused when the weight lifted from his shoulder. Minho had taken the backpack, turning and walking toward his trunk, which he popped open with his keys. "Just get in the car."

Jisung didn't know wether to be happy or upset with the others actions. He obviously meant no ill intent. He was being a gentleman by taking Jisung's luggage and putting it into the trunk. The only part Jisung disliked was the sentence that came after it. Was he just worrying too much? This was normal for Minho, so why was it bugging him all of a sudden? Jisung ignored it, climbing into the passenger seat without another word.