17

If he won, would Minho let him stay? Those were the kinds of thoughts running around Jisung's head as he ran his palm along the edge of his steering wheel. He was waiting for Minho to show up for their race, anxious thoughts devouring him. He didn't want to go, but he had already promised the other, as well as his friends. There was also a part of him that wanted to go see his parents. He missed them.

His head hit the resting spot of his seat. He wasn't the only one leaving something behind. Chris was leaving behind his friend, Sana, Changbin; Felix, and Jisung; Minho. They were all leaving something if they wanted to or not. He knew none of them wanted any of this to happen, but there wasn't a choice. Jisung's head fell onto the top of the wheel with a thud.

After everything that happened, he just wanted to enjoy it a little longer. He wanted to go back and visit the flower park before he left. He wanted to cook with Minho. Even if he was awful at it, he wanted to give it a try by Minho's side. He wanted Minho. Minho who was far too good to him, far too good for him. Never the less, he wanted him. There was nothing more he wanted then the other. Still, it was a fairytale idea to even have him.

Minho had said he'd wait, but Jisung couldn't trust those words completely. He hated himself for it, but there were so many other people worthy of Minho. Jisung was nothing special. He was plain. Minho would find someone else eventually. A year was long, and who knew exactly how long it would take for him to get back to Japan. What if he didn't make it? What if he went back just to fall apart? What if he never became a pro driver? Would Minho just forget about him? Jisung would never be able to show his face after saying he could do it.

There was hope deep down though. Slight hope that he'd achieve his goal, and after that, he'd go back to Minho. He'd find his way back into Minho's arms, to his car, and to the beach. They'd make it. They had to. The door popped open, exposing a boy with dark-brown hair. Seungmin. Jisung raised a brow, lifting himself up as the male climbed inside.

"You okay?"

Jisung cracked a smile. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" He didn't want to show Seungmin the broken side of himself.

"You haven't come out to talk to us. It's been an hour."

Jisung hummed, head turning to look out the windshield. Felix and Changbin had their arms wrapped around each other, Jeongin and Hyunjin bickering while Chris tried to shut them up. Minho hadn't arrived yet. Or, he hadn't until just then in that exact moment. A familiar mint green car rushed up. The race was about to start.

"Seungmin, you think he'll wait for me?"

Seungmin's expression turned soft, leaving Jisung with a few butterflies in his stomach. Not because Seungmin was suddenly snatching his heart, but because he was hoping he'd say Minho would wait. Maybe he'd exaggerate it, saying the guy would wait till the end of time.

"Don't know. I'll tell you this though..." Seungmin gave Jisung his usual dandy smile. "He's never looked at anyone the way he looks at you. That alone puts you above every person on earth so far." Not exactly reassuring. "Plus. Even if you guys do drift apart, that just means it wasn't meant to be, right? That's not to say you shouldn't try your damn best to keep in touch."

Jisung tightened his grip around the wheel. "Look, Jisung." Seungmin nodded toward Minho, who was now talking to Jeongin and the other two. "You think he's going to ditch the feelings he has for you? Maybe you can't see it cause you haven't known him as long as I have, but he's changed. He's trying to do things differently. That's all because of you. You've changed parts of him, just like he's changed parts of you. He's not going to let that change go easily. He's going to cling onto it until he can't hold on any longer. As long as you hold on as well, he's not going anywhere. He's stubborn. So don't slip up. You're my friend, but Minho's my brother. Don't hurt him."