Stress Levels

Simon P.O.V—

I was waiting for Markus to get dressed and to come downstairs,

my eyes couldn't stop staring at the mistletoe, and I couldn't stop

thinking about North, I know I wasn't jealous. Why would I be? After all..

I don't- nevermind, why am I even thinking this? Ugh..—

'' Simon! ''

Markus shouted from the bottom of the staircase, and I jumped 3 centimeters

in the air. I turned around, and I stared at Markus, he was wearing tight jeans,

And a loose patchy leather jacket, over a plain, white tee.

'' Oh, hey Markus. Are you.. ready to go now? ''

I asked, in question.

'' Well I am, I just have to wait until North is done, should be soon. ''

Markus replied, then he sat on the sofa.

He then pulled out his phone, swiping through posts.

I walked over to him, then I went to sit next to him, but I hesitated.

I stood there for a bit, then eventually I gave in, and sat beside of him on the sofa.

Then I just peered over his shoulder, looking at what he was scrolling through.

'' What're you up to? ''

I asked, still staring at the screen.

He kept scrolling, then said..

'' Just checking latest posts about CyberLife. Doesn't seem too bad.

I just found out that they're putting androids in the military. ''

I was amused, and I was staring at his screen, reading the article he was reading.

My neck got tired, and I let my head slowly fall onto Markus' left shoulder.

I hadn't realized i had done it, until he scrolled past the post I was reading,

'' Sorry, sorry— ''

I said, raising my head back up, and looking ahead of me instead of at the phone screen.

|:| A few minutes passed |:|

'' I'm ready, Markus. ''

North said, coming down the stairs.

'' That's great, love. Let me get my keys. ''

I brushed off the words he said to her, I didn't wanna be weird, just because he called her his 'love'.

Markus stood from the sofa, and headed towards the front door, rummaging through a drawer looking for his car keys.

North came up behind him, and put her hands on his shoulders, moving her hands in a circle-like motion.

My LED started to turn orange, well not really orange, just- half red and yellow.

I was just stressed out, and being stressed is hard to hide when you have an LED lodged into your head that shows how you feel.

'' Hey sweetheart, do you know where my keys are? I could've sworn I left them in here, guess not huh. ''

He asked North, still digging through the drawer.

'' I haven't seen them at all, maybe you should be more careful with your stuff? ''

North replied, and in the way she said it made Markus feel bad, his LED turned yellow.

'' You're right, dear. I'm sorry. ''

Markus said with a soft voice.

I felt bad for him, he shouldn't have to deal with her..