The Paint Spree

Markus P.O.V—

We left the E-Hardware store, North was still giggling about her little scare she pulled on Simon, and I have to admit, that was funny, and I'm glad she's warming up to him, I was really starting to think she didn't like him at all.
'' Alright, I'm gonna go to Bellini's Paints, does anyone want to come with? ''
I said, looking behind me, Simon looked happy, and North didn't look so excited.
'' I'll just stop by at a clothing shop, you can go without me. ''
She said, replying to me.
'' That's okay, Simon, do you want to come? ''
I asked Simon, and he smiled.
'' I'd love to! I don't see why not. ''
Simon said, with a bright expression.
I nodded, and walked off into another long hall, that circled back to the paint store.
While walking, I realized Simon was staring off, and his face was turning blue.
I looked in front of me to see if there was anyone he was looking at, but there was
no one to be seen, it was only us in that hall.
'' Simon— are you ok?-''
I asked, staring at him, but I got no response, his face was just getting bluer, and his movement got slower, it started to worry me.
'' Simon! ''
I said louder, pushing my arm against his shoulder, startling him, making him topple, but he caught his balance.
'' O- yeah? ''
He asked.
'' Are you ok- ''
It got quiet.
'' Your face is all blue, and you were staring off at- nothing- ''
I added.
He facepalmed, his hands started to turn blue, and his face was beaming blue.
'' Ah- uhm, I'm okay, eheh-.. ''
He replied to me, laughing it off, and rubbing his neck.
He looked flustered, and real embarrassed.
I brushed it off, and we kept walking.

|:| A few minutes pass |:|

A little while of walking, we finally got to the paint store.
'' Alright, we're here. ''
I said, leading Simon into the building.
'' Simon, do something for me, uh- go pick out a few different shades of paint, whatever color you choose is fine with me. ''
I told Simon.
Simon's eyes lit up in excitement, he smiled and nodded profusely.
'' Sure! That sounds great! ''
He said, almost jumping out of his boots.
Simon ran over to the paint wall, and starting looking through the colors and shades.
I smiled, it felt really good to have made him happy.
On the other hand, I walked over to the paint wall on the other side.
I looked through all the colors, tints, and shades.
My hand grazed over a matte blue card, I pulled it out, then placed it into a secure baggie. I then pulled out an olive green card, a dim yellow card, and a crimson orange card from the wall. I then walked over to Simon, he had already picked out 6 colors.
'' I think I have enough, what do you think Markus? ''
He said, showing all of the painted slides to me.
The colors were very nice, and pretty.
He had chosen a light yellow card, a beige card, coral pink card, light green card, bluey purple card, and a baby blue card.
They were really pretty colors, in my opinion.
'' I really like your color palette, it's neat. ''
I said, taking his cards and putting them into the baggie.
He didn't say anything, his face just turned all blue again.
'' Anyways, I guess we should pay now. I don't wanna leave North out there alone. ''
I said, walking over to the front desk, with Simon following behind.
We got to the desk, the Android on the other side stared at me.
'' Welcome back, Markus. ''
The Android said, I smiled and nodded, setting the baggie on the table.
'' Good afternoon, Jerry.. ''
I replied to the Android, me and this guy have seen each other so many times before
that I think it's enough to consider the both of us friends.
I placed my palm onto a blue platform implanted into the countertop.
My hand turned blue to white, the 'Android skin' on my hand was now revealed.
A ding went off inside of the blue platform.
'' Identification, verified. ''
The Android said, grinning.
He bent down to grab the package that contained the paints we have selected.
He then gently placed it on the counter, glancing up and me and Simon.
''Here is your order, #574. ''
Jerry stuck a easy-peel off sticker on the side of the package, with the imprint of
'#574 — Markus, Model # -RK200'covering it up.
'' That will be $63.99, ''
Jerry said,
'' Please confirm payment. ''
He added, with a smile.
I did as I was asked, and connected to his LED Payment System,
filling out all the stuff I needed to do without much of a hassle.
He blinked a lot, that meant he was processing the order.
'' Payment confirmed. ''
I said, grabbing the package.
'' Transaction complete, have a well day Markus. ''
Jerry said with a smile, then letting me go with a wave.
I nodded, then walking out of the door behind me, Simon, again following behind as usual.
I looked back at Simon, I caught him staring at me, his face turned blue again, he looked away, and his LED turned yellow.
I couldn't understand why he was turning blue in the face- but I guess that's a mystery we'll never know.
'' Alright, I guess we better find North, and then.. maybe I can bring you to a place that I'm sure you'll love. Sound like a deal to you? ''
I said, smiling at Simon.
Simon glanced up at me, and he looked really happy, and excited too.
'' Sure! I can't wait. ''
He said, dancing with his feet.
I haven't seen Simon this happy, in a long.. LONG time- it's great to see it again though.
I turned back around, walking off into the hallway that led us to the store, to find North..