Sometimes We Mess Up

tw⚠️ overd*se

The cleaning up was easy, all Wanda had to do was swish her hands in the air, making the whole place tidy and shiny again.

Wanda gave a deep glare into Cassie's eyes, betrayed that Cassie looked through her mind without permission, she thought it probably wasn't a big deal, but it was to her. What if she uncovered darker secrets Wanda kept from her, from everyone.

"What is it?" Cassie cleared the silence, noticing that Wanda kept on staring at her.

"You went into my mind" Wanda cleared her throat, her fingers tapping on the side of her mug.

"I don't like people keeping secrets from me" Cassie replied.

"Yeah well ask permission next time"

Wanda walked out the room, Cassie sighed, she didn't realise it was a big deal towards her girlfriend.

The day became longer which made Cassie more bored. She had made Wanda upset and she felt guilty that Bucky was still living in the cramped space but she didn't understand why.

Another after another, bottles of alcohol (mainly vodka) were lined up on the counter. The small shot glass was heavy placed down, Cassie wiping her mouth clean from any left over liquid. Her head span as she began to walk but quickly shook her head and made her way to the stairs.

As she stopped at the stairs where she was going to see Wanda, she furrowed her eyebrows and turned around. Quickly, Cassie walked away, finding herself where Bucky is.

"Hi" Cassie began, her knees crouched to the ground.

"Hey..." Bucky smiled, enjoying her company.

Cassie began collecting the rubbish and wrappers into a bag that was behind her. His clothes packed up in his small night bag along with his toothbrush and toothpaste. She picked up the cup and cringed before spilling the spits of mouthwash into the garbage bag.

"Umm what are you doing?" Bucky asked.

"I'm helping you clean up."

"Why? I thought you hated me" Bucky cleared his throat.

"I do." Cassie angrily sighed, "but I don't want you staying in here, god knows why"

A small smile showed on Bucky's face but when Cassie caught a glimpse of it he quickly washed it away.

"Your drunk aren't you?" Bucky chuckled.

"How'd you know that?"

"Well when your drunk you do stuff you never thought you'd do"

Already at his door, Bucky opened it slowly.

"Why did you stay in the panic room? After me and Wanda discovered you were living there" Cassie asked curiously.

"I didn't want everyone to think I'm a loser" Bucky scratched the back of his neck.

Cassie but her lip, shaking her head as a response.

"Night Buck"

"Goodnight Cassie" Bucky passionately smiled before closing his door.

Wanda's hands held her bedroom door, spying on Bucky and Cassie. With a soft click from closing it, her back had it the white wooden door. As she slid down it and hit the ground, tears flooded down her face. 'Does she still love Bucky?' was the only thought she could think of right now.

Wanda quickly wiped her tears away and got into her bed but alone this time, Cassie didn't join her. 'I've messed this all up' Wanda also thought. Her eyes closed tightly, her eyelids feeling heavy. She was more tired then usual tonight.

Morning had came, Wanda was dreading to wake up but when she did, her first thought was to see Cassie.

Opening Cassie's door, Wanda found her on the floor. A soft smile spread across her mouth, finding Cassie adorable, even in the floor.

Wanda knelt down and brushed some hair out of her face. Wanda looked to her left and found a board, a board of herself and Cassie together. Pictures filled it up, our favourite things also in it. A note was left on top of it that Cassie had written.

Dear Wanda,

I know I've caused many problems lately, I'm a complete mess. I made something for you and I hope you forgive me. I'm truly sorry, not just for looking in your ear without permission but for everything. I'll make it up to you.

I love you, -Cassie.

A happy tear slid down Wanda's face before she wiped it away along with a sniff. Joy was the only emotion she felt in those moments.

"I love you too Cassie" Wanda spoke.

Wanda stared at Cassie for a while, something seemed and looked off.

"Cassie?" Wanda playfully spoke, trying to wake her up but no use.

Wanda gently shoved her, making Cassie lean a bit more to the side.

Wanda's emotions dropped and leant her head towards her chest. Her ears furrowed, awaiting for a heartbeat, but there wasn't one.

"Cassie..." Wanda began shaking her shoulders but she still got no response, Wanda didn't know what to do.

Wanda lifted Cassie's head to her chest, her hands protecting her head.

Wanda soon noticed something that Cassie's hair was hiding, a small bottle that used to be filled with pills.

Wanda quickly carried Cassie bridal style and ran as fast as she could.

Making her way to the medic room, Wanda caught Steve and Yelena's attention, quickly following her.

Luckily, Bruce was already in the medic room going over some files but as the door opened loudly he put them to the side.

"What happened?" Bruce asked while rummaging through the cabinets for something helpful.

Wanda couldn't form the words, to much sadness and to much tears, it ate at her.

Wanda opened up her hand and showed the bottle of pills that were no longer there.

"She...She took them all" Wanda cried and sniffed.

Yelena's face showed shock and horror, she thought it was best to leave and inform the others.

Steve didn't want to get in the way so he stepped back. Anger, confusion but mainly sadness overcame him. He didn't want his little sister to die, not before him.

Wanda's body was shaking, her legs trembled before collapsing into the seat next to where Cassie's hands lay in the air. Wanda quickly grabbing them, never wanting to let go.

Bruce had the defibrillator in his hands, shocking Cassie everyone it was clear. Not giving up, he had one more chance to bring her back.

A loud bing appeared on the heart monitor, Cassie was alive. Bruce took his glasses off in relief while Steve sighed in relief.

A happy tear shedded down Wanda's face one last time before wiping it away with the edge of her jumper. A cry came out of her but she made it into a chuckle, she was happy she didn't lose the love of her life.

—————————————-

sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've had a lot to deal with <3

don't forget to vote, thanks :)