1. a series of unfortunate events

She woke up... But she couldn't see. Whispers wandered around her. About her. The words weren't clear, just there. Fabric covered the upper half of her face and was only only just thin enough to tell that it was light wherever she was. There wasn't any way of telling as to how she got in this situation, but there she was. Sat on a wooden chair with no way of moving.

A door opens. Footsteps grow in volume. Then they stop. So do the voices. The fabric from over her eyes now only covers her forehead.

"This isn't who we needed, not who I asked for!" Complains an older man.

The girl in question doesn't know whether to be offended or not, but she knows she didn't ask for this either. She sits there staring, scared. Petrified even. You're asking just what she is asking, 'Who?' 'what?. After all, she knows just as much as you.

A younger man stands around the edge of the room, uninterested in what's going on before him. He knows what's happening, just couldn't care less. Why would he? He was taught not to care. How could he be taught that in the family he's born into. Caring is a weakness. That's what he was taught. Only a family like this one teaches what he learns. He's born into this family, but what family raises their children the way he is? Only a family that's a part of the Yakuza or something alike. Nakamura's aren't the biggest Yakuza family or clan by any means, but we're big enough that everyone knows that name in Japan.

The heir? That's Shota. How typical is it that he needs to be married before inheriting a title he's getting forced into and believes that he wants as the eldest son of Nakamura Kage. Key word: believes.

"I guess she'll have to do," the older male states. "Well, Shota, meet your fiance."

The girl, Nami, is even more scared. She's only twenty-two, after all. From being a med student in the city with friends and a good start to life, to getting kidnapped, now getting married.

The older man left the room, hoping the younger would become acquainted with a girl neither had ever met.

"I'm only doing this for my own benefit, so let it happen. Oh, and leave me alone," the man, Shota, declares before leaving the room.

Nami has no say and is still tied to a chair. Even if she had to stay in one room, she could at least have been untied from that old, wooden chair. Clearly not.
~~~~

Authors note:

Words= 445

Thank you so much if you're reading this, and if you're enjoying it, I thank you even more. The idea and story itself started in an English class. And I sprung from there. So because of that, I sincerely apologize. It's most likely not a quality you would enjoy.

Along with my story that started in English came my good friend Boocifer123 's is further ahead and a lot more planned out.

Thank you for reading this!

Published:27-9-2021