4. Squid game

Guns blazing. BANG! BANG! BANG! What a great way to wake up. Not what the average person hears in the morning. Or any time of the day, actually. Maybe it might be more common in the house of the yakuza. Yet still, Nami couldn't say that she wasn't surprised by any means. Her door bursts open. A man. Not one she had met before. She may have done. It's hard to tell when he is covered in blood.

  The man licks his lips. He moves. Away from the door. Towards Nami. Ready to pounce. The poor girl didn't know what to do. A man is covered in blood stalking up to her bed while she's otherwise alone in this room, and downstairs is a lot more than just a cat fight. Still, what could she do. Without a defence, she is as good as dead. Unless they put something in this room for her. How likely is that to happen, though? Not very. It's too unrealistic.

  So she can only follow her instinct. Which is simply to scr eam. Nothing is more efficient. Hiding under blankets after screaming. Like how one would while watching a horror movie, typically. Of course, someone would hear her, right? Come and save her. There would definitely be a knight in shining armour. Right?"

 That's exactly what happens here or there. She screams, and he saves. A classic story retold. Incomes the knight in his bloody armour (that isn't overly efficient) to save Nami. BANG! A lot louder this time, however. Clearly nearer. Maybe a good thing. Most likely. Certainly shook the bloodied man who was now just over and wrestling the blanket away from Nami. He and Nami both look at the door, way curious. Who was there? From which side of the fight? Did they hear Nami?

  That bloodied man. Well, he has a lot more blood leaking from his body now and a couple of extra bullets on his side. What a lovely present. Now said, Bloodied Man is now dead, laying comfortably on Nami and her once-clean bedding. It's more red than grey now. A lot is more red than anything in this house now.

  Including Shota. Who is just now entering the room. Nami continues to try and pry the now dead man off of her to let her make her grand escape, yet how can she when a man is heavier dead than alive. Shota slightly chuckles at the scene. Slight enough to be audible when close as in within a metre radius. Any further away, and It isn't any longer heard. He moves forward towards the bed and pushes the body off of Nami.

  That's when he quite typically falls on her. Fainted. Covered in a mixture of his blood and everyone else. now fallen on a very bloody bed and his fiancé. She hasn't yet realised it. More damage may be done if she were to move him the wrong way. Did she care? No, she wanted to just escape the madness.

  Then she thought, what if she were to get caught. Get killed. She couldn't leave then. SO she laid there. With the body on her. To mask her. Hide she was there. The man above her was dead as far as shes aware. A temporary safety precaution. Just until the chaos is over. Then back home she goes.   

  She hears running. Rin's voice.

  "Shota! My son. Where is Nami?"

  The body is picked up. The duvet is cast aside. Nami is laid there petrified, confused, and every other emotion known to mankind. She's in pyjamas receiving an awkward hug from her future mother in law not sure what she's meant to do. So she just stares at her ceiling, letting a single tear of far roll down her cheek.
~~~~

words: 630

Scrap what I said last chapter this one has the most words so far. I guess I was in a zone. But yeah, anyways, thank you so much if you have made it this far into the book. I think I will do a thorough edit on all the chapters every five chapters. I want to elaborate more as they are all quite short, but yeah, anyways I'll see you next chapter, byee!

Published 09-10-21