Chapter 2: Babysitting is Hard

The 2nd Division, a division filled with cold blooded killers and dangerously skilled fighters, and the Onmitsukidō, one of the largest organization within the Gotei 13, filled with people who will do anything to finish the mission. The Captain and Commander in Chief for both of them is said to be so strong that they can kill anyone without the person they killed know that they're dead and said to show no mercy, no fear, no remorse.

"Whose the cutest baby ever? You are, yes you are!" A voice rang out within the Second Division followed by laughter. Currently Yoruichi was in the Captain room and playing with her son, who was now four years old and growing rather well. Its been three years(1) since Yoruichi had adopted Toshiro and for her and everyone she knows, its been fun raising him and tough until Unohana was kind enough to give her and Kuukaku lessons on proper ways to raise a child.

Her son was growing to be a rather active child and managed to get ontop of tables, chair, or shelves whenever he sees something he wants on them. Although he was also very smart since he was able crawl at the age of two and began to walk before his third birthday.

Toshiro laughed and clapped his hands as his Kaa-chan lifted up into the air and back down. Yoruichi never thought that having someone to call her own was so fulfilling and she greatly enjoyed raising him.

"Ba ba ba," Toshiro said, grabbing and pulling playfully on his Kaa-chan's purple hair which made her smile and rub her nose on his, increasing his laughter. The door was knocked on and opened, revealing to be Yoruichi's bodyguard Soifon.

"Yoruichi-sama I have a message from the Captain-Commander." The raven hair girl said, walking up and handing a letter to Yoruichi who put Toshiro down to read it. Toshiro quickly got to his feet and looked at Soifon with interest who stared back at him. Smiling, the little white hair boy slowly walked toward her, making her eyes widen and back up slowly.

Waving her hands in front of her, Soifon said, "No no, please don't come toward me." It wasn't that she was scared of Toshiro but rather that she was scared that she might hurt him by accident or make him cry and she heard horror stories of what Yoruichi does to people who hurt or make Toshiro cry. However he kept moving toward her and Yoruichi was still reading the message but Soifon could see the small smile on her face as Toshiro got closer to her.

Soon her back hit the wall and Toshiro caught up to her and grabbed her left leg to stop him from falling. Looking up at Soifon, he gave a cute smile and held his arms up for her to pick him up and Soifon, after sparing a glance at her captain and seeing her nod, picked him into her arms. Toshiro laughed and pulled at her hair, making her wince but smile at the same time.

"Well my little bee, it seems that my little Shiro-chan had taken a liking to you!" Yoruichi said, getting up and walking toward the two, and after looking at both of them for a full minute, she gave a sly smile. "Well its decided Soifon, I'm about to give you the most important mission you ever had."

Soifon's chest swelled with pride as she thought of what the mission was going to be. Was she going to gather some high value info or kill a dangerous hollow?

"I want you to babysit Toshiro for today." Soifon almost face faulted and she would have if she wasn't holding Toshiro. Out of all the things for Yoruichi-sama to assign her, this thought didn't even pass her mind.

Seeing the look of confusion on Soifon's face, Yoruichi decided to make the assignment more clear. "Listen Soifon it may seem like a step down from what you usually do but I only trust my little Shiro-chan with people I know I can trust." 'Plus Tessai is already on a mission, Kuukaku came down witht the flu and I'm not trusting those two for what they used Toshiro for last time.'