Chapter 12: As The Years Go By (Part 1)

Welcome to chapter Twelve of this story! I want to thank everyone who read last chapter which is the single longest chapter so far, and I loved typing every second of it. Now this mini arc is going to be three parts and after that is the official beginning of Bleach storyline combining with my Story.

Also I've changed it into an angst because there will be some moments that will pull at your hearts and make you cry and there will be a surprise character in here. Trust me when I say that you'll be surprise at who it is.

Disclaimer: As stated before I don't own Bleach only the storyline nor will I ever will. Wait why don't I just use the Infinite Tsukiyumi to...* Insert Creep Smile*

Ten Years Later

A lot has happened in the ten years after Yoruichi left behind Seireitei and mostly her son. First, the Shihoin clan was facing heavy fire from the Council of 46 since they found out that Yoruichi assisted in the Escape of Kisuke and Tessai and were in danger in not only losing there title of one of the Four Great Noble Clans but also banishment to the World of the Living.

Second, Byakuya's Grandfather, Ginrei Kuchiki, passed away peacefully in his sleep about two years after and third Byakuya proposed to Hisana about a year after that in the Sliver Fox which she happily accepted.

But the biggest change was Toshiro, who did some very surprising things. For one entire week after his Kaa-chan left, he stayed in his room barely eating or drinking and no one able to make him come out. When he finally came out, however, he wasn't the Toshiro everyone once knew.

He went to the Council 46 and stated in an emotionless cold voice that Shihoin Yoruichi was not longer part of the Shihoin Clan and he was taking over as Clan Head. The Council, surprisingly, accepted this statement and decided to drop all charges on the Shihoin Clan. Next, one month after this statement, he took and passed the Captain's Exam with Yamamoto, Kyoraku, and Unohana as his examiners and became captain of not only the Tenth but the Second as well until a suitable captain could be found for the Second.

Of course there was some arguments that a child can't run a division, let alone two but those people were proven wrong when Toshiro ran both Divisions, and the Onmitsukidō, successfully for four years, attending his best friend's wedding as the best man about half a year after Byakuya proposed. It was the first time in a long time that anyone seen him smile, even if it was a small one.

But for three long years, no one had seen that smile again, Toshiro had become a cold and emotionless fighter and seeing that smile was a rare sight to behold.

Of course, running two divisions plus the Onmitsukidō was taking its took on Toshiro.

Second Division. Captain's Room. 7:32 am

Soifon frowned sadly as she stared at her little brother figure who was just finishing the largest stack of paperwork she ever seen. She remembered that he started on that paperwork at 8 which means that he didn't sleep again. Every since he was named Captain of both Divisions, Soifon been helping him out in anyway possible.

Things like doing some of his paperwork, even if he protests against it, bringing him his meals whenever he forgets to eat, and taking him to bed whenever he finally sleeps on his desk.

But she can't help him whenever he works or trains through his birthday to forget that his Kaa-chan found and raised him that day. She can't help him whenever he silently cries himself to sleep. She can't help him forget about the person who raised him from the moment she found him, trained him, and loved him.