Chapt 5 - Day 1

"Quinn I love you but I have to go it's my first day to rehearsal and im already late! How did this even happen?"

"Sorry B, but I did tell you, you had to get up.."

"Quinnnnn" I groan, too stressed to be amused.

"Okay okay I'm sorry." She apologizes.

She's not.

"Now go I'll make sure Lord Tubbington gets his breakfast and lockup."

"You are amazing Q, thank you." I give her a quick hug and rush out the door.
———————-

"Ten minutes to spare." I mumble to myself as I push open the door to the room.

Dropping my bag down with everyone else's, I scan the room and spot Casey first.

"Hey Casey!"

"Morning." They give a wave.

"I haven't missed anything right?"

"Nope, Jordan was here a moment ago though, told us we'd be getting started once Santana gets here."

"Oh Santana's gonna be here? That's cool, I thought it'd just be the dancers." I tell them.

"Yeah me too but apparently she likes being part of every component of her videos. Equally refreshing and potentially controlling. At least I think."

"I get that. I think it's nice though that she cares enough to put in the real work, and not just stand there while we do the more difficult things. Like I know it's kind of our job but still it's nice that she's different from others in the industry."

"...right. I'm just ready to get started." They say with a sigh.

A couple minutes later she walks in, coffee in hand, with her hair up.

"Okay all, let's get started shall we? Santana thanks for being here." Jordan gives her a side hug.

"Remind me again why I continually decide to wake up this early and dance?" Santana says to Jordan and a few other long-standing dancers near her.

"Because you're crazy and I let you pretend you have control in here." Jordan says completely nonchalant and passive.

"You are so lucky we've been friends for so long and I love your work.. I would for sure fire you otherwise." She looks dead serious but then cracks a smile and laughs a bit. "Okay guys like Jordan said, let's get this started."
———————

Three exhausting hours later, we're on a break and I take this as an opportunity to talk to the other dancers there. Starting with the other seven people that made it.

"Hey Erik! Hey everyone else! I'm Brittany S Pierce, I remember you guys were at auditions but I never got a chance to say hi, so I guess I'm taking that opportunity now!"

"Hey, I'm Julie! Julie Davis that is. You were in Adam's group right?"

"Yeah I was, you remember that?"

"Hell yeah! Girl you were amazing. It really looked like you were in the zone, almost like you were transported somewhere else!"

"Thanks." I respond with a shy smile.

"Hey I'm Markus Jansson, I go by Mark typically and yeah, you killed that routine! I'm only half glad we weren't in the same group because wooo there's no way I would be standing here if I were." He laughs and puts out a fist.

I bump it with my own and laugh as well.

"No you were really good up there! You were in group one right? With Erik?"