Epilogue : Sunday

ONE YEAR AND
ONE DAY LATER.

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY
14th, A.K.A.

VALENTINE'S DAY.

TOLD BY
JASON CROWE.

Felix is beautiful when he's sleeping. In the moments before I wake him up, a soft smile is on his face, giving him an angelic sort of look.

Normally, I don't wake him up. It was quite the hassle to get out of bed early and make a breakfast for him, but it's our second Valentine's Day together. Last year definitely did not make the mark; we spent the morning figuring out the details of his move back to his own room, and then watched a questionable cartoon movie. And, although I didn't mind spending all that time with him—I relished every moment, in fact—the endless droning on became very boring after a while.

"Hey, baby," I whisper, pushing his shoulder gently in the hopes of a peaceful awakening. "Wakey wakey, Lixie Pixie..."

I brush a few bangs away from my fairy's forehead, loving the way his hair feels between my fingers. Felix truly is a wonder; how can such a person exist?

He whines while reluctantly opening his eyes. "Jason?" Felix's morning voice is groggy and relaxing, deeper and more beautiful than the oceans. I press my lips to his, knowing that he'll protest his air supply being cut off when we draw away. All the better. I get to hear him speak more.

"Yeah, Lix. I made you breakfast, if you want," I say after pulling away. "Pancakes with mango and peanut butter, just the way you've somehow started liking them."

A loopy, lazy smile slowly spreads, reaching the corners of his ears in no time. "Thank you," Felix whispers.

"Anything for you, my dear..."

Felix pushes me away, sitting up. "What did I say about your pet names for me, Jason?"

"Stick to one?" I ask, already sighing with the knowledge. "It's hard, though, when you mean so much to me."

"Stop being so cheesy."

"I know you like it," I tease, subconsciously running my fingers through Felix's hair again. He leans into the touch, his eyes closing for a brief, tranquil moment. Felix's smile doesn't fade, even when I step out of the room to allow him enough privacy to change into 'normal people clothes.' The boy has something against eating breakfast in pajamas, which is one of his few flaws. I'm working on fixing it, though.

Felix comes out, wearing the turtleneck I replaced his old one with nearly a year ago. He knows what that does to my heart, and flicks my red ear as a way of showing his awareness. "Let's go eat some peanut-butter-and-mango pancakes!"

I lead him to my car, which is where I stored them earlier. Yay me, finally getting a car! Congrats, Jason. It's a good thing that Felix changed into street clothes, actually, because this will be an on-the-go breakfast.

"So, where're we headed?" I don't answer Felix's question, my eyes firmly fixated on the road. "Ah, be that way. I suppose I'll see eventually." Felix is quiet for a moment. "Or... I could call Blake, and ask him what Russell told you to do for me today."

"I came up with this myself," I say, pouting and only slightly miffed.

Felix grins and turns back to his on-the-go meal, the smell of which makes me shudder. I focus on driving to my destination, somewhere special, somewhere worth being. Ever since last year's boring Valentine's Day, I've been so excited for this one. There's a bit of unexpected traffic, so we find ourselves arriving at our destination an hour after the originally planned ETA.