A Lying Witch and a Warden

Madilyn's POV

   It was another normal day at the flee market. Only three explosions have happened today from what mom is selling to the innocent civilins. Heck, there might have been more incedents and i probably don't know it. I just don't want to get arrested again or have to get mom out of being arrested. So I busied myself with a book from the human realm.

"Noe tell me agian why you didn't want to go with Owlbert to get more goods?" Mom questioned, "You love going to the human realm, you always go to that StarStuck place." She said as she put a finger on her chin to think of the correct name of the coffee shop.

"Well I would have gone if I didn't get chase by a gang of old lady's for going threw their trash." I said, " Which you told me to do, WHY!"

"Hey! Those ladies where throwing away good junk." Mom stated matter-of- factly . " Plus. you think I'd let those bimbo's throw THIS out." Pulling up a old black box looking thing.

"What is that?"

"Don't know, but I can scam someone for it." She said with a toothy grin on her face. I smiled at her response and went back to my book.

"Finally! Let's see what you got." I look up to see Owlbert has returned with a sack full of junk. I set my book down to look at what we got. 

"Garbage." First a glass box looking thing. "Garbage." A diamond ring, wait what? "Garbage." And a golden cup? Are human's thins wasteful? "Yes! this will make me rich." Mom said excitedly, a pair of googly eye glasses.

"I kinda doubt that." I said. I pick up a weird looking book, with what I assume is a witch on it.

"Yeah, we can use this for the fire." I said about to burn it a bit. Just then a girl ran out of nowhere.

"Excuse me, sorry, that's mine." She snatched it out of my hand. "Thank you." And she ran off to the portal door. Mom quickly closed the door.

"You're not going anywhere." Mom said trying to look threatening, while taking the glasses off. I sighed silently, an grabbed Jingle's staff form. The girl quickly ran under the tent and went out.

"Eh, what?" I was confused.

"Don't worry I'll get her." Mom said...

As she brought the girl back, I noticed she had rounded ears.

"A human." I whispered from where I was.

"AHHH! I'm Sorry, I just wanted my book back!" She yelped. "If you want to eat my skin, make it fast."

"Eat you?" Mom said with a brow raise. "Why would I eat, a potential customer."

"How about a human foot filled with holes."

"Green human candy in a tube."

"Or a black box reflecting sadness  ." Mom said as she shoved the box in the girls face. The girl laughed and said, "That's not all it can do." She took the box, put to thingies in it, pressed a button. And a tiny man popped up on it. I looked in amazement. And it wasn't only me, a crowd of people started surrounding our booth trying to buy the box.

"What did you say your name was?" Mom questioned.

"Luz." The human answered. "Luz Noceda."

"Well Luz, that was pretty clever." I said taking money.

"For a human." My mom added, whom was also taking money.

"That's kind of wired for another human to say?"

"Oooohhh, dear child." Mom ripped off her bandana, "I'm not like you." Luz looked at her wide eyed, her eyes then shifted to me ad saw my ears were pointed as well. Mom got on top of the table.