Aftermath of I know a teenage abomination

Hunter's POV

    Today has been a day of nothing but desk work. Page after page of assignments and reports. It will  benefit in the end. Helping Uncle should always matter. And at the moment he was in the middle of a meeting with the Coven Guards. A meeting that I was not aloud to be apart of. I argued with Uncle to let me be apart of but I guess not. So for the moment I am in my room finishing the last of the papers for the day. Until a guard came to my room.

"Emperor Belos has requested to see you." He said.

"Is his meeting over?" I asked.

  "Yes." His answer was plain and simple. Like always. I put my mask on an walk out of my room with him to go to Uncle. We descended the staircase leading to my room to the hallway that leads to the rest of the castle. We were walking passed sandy colored halls and walls. Guard standing at their as they should. Some more tired looking than others, with their slumped shoulders and the angel of their weapons. The words spoken between each other spoken in mumbles. 

  People always speak in mumbles when I'm around. It's always tiring to listen to the constant mumbles. I can never know or tell what they are saying, it makes me so paranoid. 'Are they talking about me?' 'Did my work help?' 'Do I seem narcissistic?' 'Am I not doing enough?'. 

   I wish these thoughts could stop. I'm tired of hearing all my thoughts and listening to the mumbles cloud my head like smoke. I sometimes feel like I'm suffocating. I wish I was with Madilyn right now. Her voice is the only one I want to hear. It's my favorite thing about her. I sigh at the thought of not being able to visit her tonight. Even though I promised to hang out with her more often. Promises were always her thing. She has kept every promise. I wish I could do that for her.  I maybe be able to see her. I hope so.

  I was so caught up in my thoughts I didn't realize we were outside the throne room. I pushed open the doors an walked through. The doors closing once I'm in the room. Madilyn's Aunt is here as well, Lilith Clawthrone. 

"You wanted to see me Uncle." I said.

"Yes." His voice sounded horse, probably from all his meetings today. "I wanted to talk to you and Lilith about some upcoming things."

"What would that be my lord?" Lilith asked.

"As you both know the Coven Convention is coming up and Lilith I want you to go there as representation on behalf of the Empires Coven. Golden Guard I want you to be there to supervise in case any unwanted visitors come."

"What do you mean Emperor Belos." I asked.

"I want you to not only look out for young witches to join the Coven but also those Clawthornes." Lilith and I both froze.

"What?" Lilith seemed confused.

"It's been said that they are housing a human." Belos answered.

"But why should we keep an eye out for them?" 

"Don't be stupid." Belos replied. "They are wild witches. Her daughter hasn't even selected a coven yet. Those two are nothing but chaos and disorder. Those birds need their wings clipped."

  I stood there stunned. I can't do this. Lilith can't do this, right? It's her sister and niece. I need to warn her. She needs to know. She has to know.

"Of course, Emperor Belos." Lilith responded. I was shocked. 'She just agreed'.

"Golden Guard." Uncle demanded.

"Of course." I hope my voice didn't shake. My palms are so sweaty.

"Thank you. That is all. You may have your leave." Uncle said an turned away from us. We both seemed to speed walk out of there. Once out, Lilith seemed like she is going to have a panic attack. She was breathing so heavily. I was about to walk away when Lilith stopped me.

"Golden Guard, wait." She said.

"As far as I know, I am the only one that knows about your friendship with my niece." Lilith said. "Please, I beg you, make sure that nothing happens to her. please." Worry was in her eyes. They seemed to be about to spill with tears.

"You have my word." I answered.

"Thank you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  I was able to get out of the castle to go see Madilyn. I stop at the tree line to her house an settled myself on the top of a tree. The lights were illuminated on the owl house. An a ray of oranges, yellows, greens, and reds. The house looked warm and comforting. The window to the dining room was open. I could hear what was being talked about.

"Come on Hexside was so magical." A unfamiliar said. "And I know you don't like the idea of school, but come one, it looked like a fantasy TV show."

"Hold your horses. Remember what happened when that fantasy ridden brain got the better of you." What I think was The Owl Lady speaking.

"Yes please, I don't want to have to try and fight a squid puppet thing again." Madilyn's voice spoke, with a faint sound of clinking glasses and dishes. Which indicated that it was her turn to do dishes. ' I think I'll go wait in her room to talk with her. That sounds a bit creepy.' I jumped onto my staff an flew over to the window to her room. I climbed into threw the window an waited. 

 I am so nervous with I have to tell her. How am I going to tell her.

"Hey Madi, I'm gonna check to see if you got any extra notebooks I can use." The unfamiliar voice said.

"Okay." Madilyn's voice replied. 'Dammit ' I looked around for a place to hide. I was panicking to much. Then the doorknob started to jingle. Without thinking I hoped up onto the support beam above me. I saw an unfamiliar person walked into Madilyn's room. She had short dark brown hair, tanned skin, and rounded ears. 'Is she the Human?'. She quickly picked up something.

"Yes!" She screamed in victory. And quickly ran out.

"Thanks Madi."

"No problem." Madilyn responded as she entered her room. Once she closed the door behind her I jumped down from my hiding spot. She let out a shout when I landed.

"Wait Madilyn, it's me. Hunter." I said taking off my mask showing her my face.

"Hunte? What are you doing?" She asked.

"Trying not to get caught."

"That's obvious, but what are doing here?"She asked. 

"I needed to tell you something." I said. 

"What is it."

"It's just a lot is going to happen and I want make sure you are going to be okay."

"Don't worry Hunter. I'm going to be just fine." She responded. " I feel like there is more to this than what you are saying." 

'Dang, you could always tell when someone was upset.'

"I don't want to talk about it. I just want to spend time with you." I said.

"Okay. What do you wanna do?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After spending the night with Madilyn. It felt nice to relax. I was on my way out the window to go back to the castle. I look back to make sure Madilyn was asleep. Then I flew from Madilyn's house back to the castle.

'I promise, that I will make sure Madilyn will be safe. No matter what. No matter how cliche it sounds. I will keep her safe."

"This is a promise I will keep."