Aftermath of Witches Before Wizards

Madilyn's POV

It's been a few hours since we saw the sunset over the Isles. And in those few hours a certain someone came to visit me. We were currently sitting on the floor talking about the "wonders" of our day.

"I'm not kidding, we literally fought a squid puppeteer." I laughed. Hunter just looked astound.

"There's no way." He said. "You fought a squid puppeteer that almost squeezed you to death."

"Yes, but on the contrary he did have a good looking Angsty Prince." I laughed. He just rolled his eyes at what I was saying. "But it was kind of scary, I did think we were going to lose. I guess not."

"Come on, I think the top student in the bard class can hold her own." He said. I stood up from where I was sitting.

"Oh so fearless goldie guard!" I proclaimed, "Whatever shall I do against the squid puppeteer." I dramatically put my right hand over my head. "Oh the agony!" 

"Well, my fair Clawthorne, I must say." He started. "Your pain is greatly felt." He took my left hand in his like a true gentleman.

"Well Mr. Golden Guard, aren't you a charmer." I giggled. When felt him tighten his hold on my hand. I look up at him to see patches of red on his cheeks and ears. I gently removed my hand from his.

"I didn't know you could turn into a tomato." I cheekily said. His nose scrunch at my comment. I laughed at his expression, to which I heard a soft chuckle from him. Once the laughter died down we sat next to each other yet again. Hunter seemed like he wanted to say something, until.

"Madi, what's with all the laughing in there?" I heard my Mom's voice ask. We both shot up at the sound. Hunter, as quietly as her could, sprinted around the room for his staff.

"It's nothing mom, just read something funny is a book." I replied.

"Are you sure?" Of course she asks that when Hunter is half way out of the window. "I'm coming in." The door knob started to turn. I did the first thing I thought of... An pushed Hunter out of the window. He let out a yelp as I closed the window. Mom entered.

"You alright?" She asked.

"Yeah, just fine."  I lied right through my teeth. "Just reading a book, and you know. Romcom's. So stupid." I nervously laughed. Mom just looked at me.

"Okay, just checking on you. Goodnight hun, love ya." Mom said as she left my room to go to sleep. 

"Night mom, love ya too!" I said back. I quickly went over to my window. Only to open it to find an upside down Hunter. In mind air.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"You think of a better idea after being pushed out a window." He retorted. He looked to then sky, then around him. "Actually, I think I should be going." He straightened himself back onto his staff to take off.  He looked to me.

"Okay, I'll see ya later Hunter."

"I'll see you later to Madilyn, but soon." He said. then he took off back to the castle. With that I went to bed.