Aftermath of A Lying Witch and a Warden

Madilyn's POV

"You can stay here for as long as you like Luz." I brought her to one of our spare rooms. That Mom just puts a lot of junk in.

"Thank you, Madi." Luz said. "I so happy I get to stay with you guys." She had a big smile on her face.

"And don't you worry, my room is just down the hall if you need me." I told her. "Just get comfy." I smiled toward Luz one more time then headed my way to my bedroom. I entered my room, it had an assortment of knick-knacks and items that mom has either stolen or got for me. The warm tones of my room quickly make me comfortable. I make my way to my bed, taken my shoes off of course, an laid down for a bit of shut eye.

 Until I heard knocking on my window. I scoot over to see what it was, it was none other then the Golden Guard. Or Hunter. I let him in, he was in some casual clothes unlike his uniform. He sets his staff down. After doing so he gave me a big hug.

"Hey Madi." Hunter said, quit excitedly. I hugged him back. "Its so good to see you."

"It's good to see you too, Hunter." I said. "We've been writing to each other for so long I thought you were pen and paper now." I laugh. He gave a small chuckle to my resoponse.

"I was finally able to get away from the castle." He said. "Plus, didn't want Jingle here to keep on our conversations." He grinned.

"I guess your right." I answered. Me and Hunter have known each other for a while. When I was little I would visit my Dad in the castle, but on one of those visits I met a little blonde boy in the castle garden. I know it sounds cheesy but that is how we met. Since he stared his Golden Guard duties we couldn't hang out that much. So we started writing to each other with Jingle sending our messages. There were also times he would come here and we would chat. Manly at night.

"So, what brings you here Goldie." I asked. Man does he hate that nickname.

"Well." He coughed, "I wanted to ask you about the human that is here." He said rather enthusiastically. I giggled at his excitement.

"Well her name is Luz, she has rounded ears. " He looked like a kid in a candy store, "She seems like a nice person, she pretty wired. But who isn't here." I laughed.

"Whoa, really." He said. "I've just- It's crazy to think that a human is here in the Boiling Isle." He was in fact astonished.

"I get what you mean, but I think it's a new start for something." I said. 

"Okay, Mrs. Poetic." He snarked back. We both laughed at his comment.

 We spent the next few hours talking about what's been going on. The books we've read. What's new with the covens. You get the gist. I don't remember when I fell asleep, but I was next to Hunter when it happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 I awake to the sun in my eyes. I looked to see Hunter was gone, but he did leave something behind. A note, I opened it to inspect it.

Hey Madilyn,

   You're probably awake when you read this. I had to leave  before anyone at the castle go suspicious. I loved seeing you again after all this time, I'll try to sneak out more often to see you. 

Hope to see you again soon, Hunter.

"So he loved seeing me, interesting." I blushed at the thought of it, but quickly recovered an went on with my day.