Witches Before Wizards

Madilyn's POV

I woke up to fresh and ready to go. But first pit stop to the bathroom. I grabbed my clothes an started my way to the bathroom. I was about to enter when I heard.

"Your first day on the boiling Isle, as a witch apprentice." The voice said. I opened the door to find Luz talking to herself in the mirror. She looked at me wide eyed an blushed due to being embarrassed.

"Oh! Hey Madilyn." Luz responded with. I just grinned at her.

"Don't worry about it." I said as we walked past each other. "There are some "witchy" clothes in the closet, apprentice." I grinned, but also heard quick foot steps down the hall... I was about to be done getting ready when I heard.

"Yesyesyesyesyes!" Followed by a scream. I left the bathroom and went down stairs to grab some food.

"Good morning King." I said. " We got mush with eye, you want."

"Um. Yes!" King answered. I grabbed myself a of tea and leach fruit. (you can imagine what that looks like) I set my drink and food to start eating. When all of a sudden Luz ran in with a bathrobe on and a dirty traffic cone on her head. I tried to contain my giggles. I bet she is waiting on Mom to wake up. 

"Eda the Owl Lady, your apprentice is ready for action." Luz proclaimed. It's more funny cause Mom is in her jammies and bunny slippers.

"Who are you?" Mom asked.

"Remember me, Luz?" Luz was saying,"  We freed the oppressed from an evil warden together." Mom grabbed her 30 and Flirty mug.

"Kid, lay off the details." She said, "I haven't even had my cup of Apple Blood yet."

"You mean Apple Juice?" Luz said.

"No."

"What Apple Juice?" I asked.

"Come on, teach me some spells. Getting a staff. Was I supposed to bring my own runes." Luz was saying.

"Ay runes,  child's play." I inquired with a smile. Luz then gasped.

"Do you have a dangerous magical quest for me. " She exclaimed.

"Whoa, Whoa kid. Becoming a witch doesn't happen over night." Mom said, "Plus you're wearing a bath robe and the dirtiest traffic cone I've ever seen." Luz blew the dust and musk off of the cone to revile an orange and white cone. King began to laugh at her realization.

"I don't think someone with their food stuck to them has any place to talk." I told King. He quickly stopped laughing.

"So you want a magic staff." Mom asked.

"More then anything." Luz said. 

"Watch this, magic staff come to me." Mom commanded. A second after we started hearing crashes and banging due to the location of the staff. Her staff landed in her hand quickly only for it to fall out of her grasp. But she recovered it.

"It's early." She said. 

"You want to see something cooler." I said. "Yo! Jingle." Since Jingle wasn't in his staff form, he quickly fluttered right over into my hand. Transforming into a beautiful blue staff with him perched on to.  

"Whoa, that. was. amazing!" Luz exclaimed 

"I know." I grinned. Mom coughed to grab our attention.

"Well, witch are rewarded their staffs in school." Mom explained. "With me as your teacher, you will be taking a much different approach." Then dumped a sack full of potions on the ground.