An Intruder

Madi's POV

It's been quiet for the last few days. No letters from Hunter, or visits. 'He must be busy...'. Mom hasn't done anything to drastic. Luz is... well-being Luz. 'I'm bored...' I thought.

"Hello?" A voice called out.

"uh?" I turned in question.

"HelloOo?" The voice fluctuated. Thats not Luz or King? And it's way to young to be Mom.

"Who's there?" I confronted.

"How could you forget little old me?" They spoke.

"What?!" I questioned. Didn't know for sure if I knew it was them. My head started to hurt.

"What do you want?"

"Questions, questions..." They spoke, "Your no fun."

"What?" I'm still confused.

"Oh well, we'll have more fun later." They giggled. The air let up after that. 'Did they... disappear?' I'm not sure if they are fully gone. How did they still get in my head.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH" I heard a scream outside. 'I know that scream...'

"Luz!" I ran downstairs toward her, out the door. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, the rain burned me?" She seemed confused.

"It's boiling rain, kid." Mom said, "Remember, this ain't the human realm." I look over to Luz to see King put a band aid on her arm then his nose.

"Look now we're booboo buddies." He spoke. Luz exploded.

"Oh my gosh you're so cute." Luz said. "Boiling rain on the boiling isles the weather is so fun here."

"No, it's not." I groaned. "We have plagues."

"Shail hail, gorenadoes, pain-bows." Mom said.

"It's like a rainbow... but it turns you inside out." I explained.

"It's great." King exclaimed.

"No going outside till the rain is gone." Mom ordered.

"And if the rain doesn't get ya the snagglback will, it's goes through the rain hunting boiled tourists." King spoke.

"I doubt that Kingy." I said. ' Has he ever seen a snagglback?'

"Yeah this force field spell will protect the house from the rain and made-up demons."

"Hoot, hurry up with that spell that rain is getting closer to my precious stuck-o."

"Yeah-Yeah." Mom replied. She waved the sphere into her staff creating a force field ingulfing the house and us.

"I wanna be like Eda one day." Luz said going on a tangent about Mom. "Hey, why do they call you the Owl Lady?"

"It's because I'm so wise." She answered.

"It's because she coughs up rat bones." Hooty answered.

"I thought it was because she can 360 her head?" I said.

"I think it's because she gets distracted by shiny objects." King inquired.

"No, I don't." Mom retorted. He then pulled out a pen that when you click it glows up.

"It sparks, it shines, it shimmers." Mom said wide-eyed." I must have it for my nest." She flung her whole body forward to grab the then only to miss and go crashing into the ground.

"Nest?!" Luz exclaimed. "I want a nest! Nest party!"

"The force field took a lot out of me." Mom yawned.