Chapter 1 - Classes and Coffee

"That was probably the most boring class so far!" A German accent cut through the crowd, finding his way to his friend waiting outside for him.

"Well don't say that right next to the door, Doc." His friend chuckled. "He might assign you more work if he hears you."

He was crossing his arms in confidence with a smug look. Having a seat closer to the front was really coming in handy as he had predicted, and getting out of the classroom first everyday was his way of proving it to the creeper. He flashed a tired smile through the mask he wore and let his white hair fall back over his face, hardly holding up even with the bandana wrapped around his head.

"Damn Etho, you look worse for wear today." Their third friend came up from the other side of them from the classroom across the hall and didn't waste time slinging his elbow on the canadian. An act of friendship he was used to by now.

"You seem happy Beef, good class?" Doc asked as the trio made their way down the hall.

"You guys are really missing out!" Beef started, "They have the full section of knives, plus the plan is so diverse this year!"

To a stranger it would sound as if he was planning a murder -no confirmation or denial there- but Etho and Doc thankfully knew he was excited about the cooking class he had worked up the courage to take this year.

"There's going to be food from all over the world- scratch that, we're going to make food from all over the world. Ren's in it too, and once we pick stations and stuff we can probably partner up." Beef continued, excitement filling his voice. "I think he knows a person there too, so groups of three would work great. I'm not sure if it's 3 or 4 per station though."

"That sounds awesome dude! We'll have to walk in and steal food from time to time." Doc chuckled. "Or is the teacher strick?"

"Nah she's pretty chill, but just in case, I'll bring some food out here so you two don't make a mess inside."

"Are you saying we're messy?" Doc faked offence and put his metal hand to his chest.

"Well I'd say the standards for cleanliness are pretty low in there- she told us a story of some kid getting pasta on the ceiling- but it still might be crowded, and you might be able to break the record if you aren't careful."

"Break the record of pasta on the ceiling. I can't say I wouldn't like to go down a legend." Doc flashed a grin and crossed his arms across his chest.

"What about you Etho? You seem awfully quiet, how was the nerd programming class?" Beef asked.

"It was great!" Etho put his thumbs up a little awkwardly, his way of showing he was sincere.

"It was boring." Doc said at the same time, dropping his smile and relaxing his shoulders.

"Mixed reactions I see." Beef chuckled. He took his arm off Etho's shoulder and skipped a step ahead so he could walk backwards and face the two, "So which was it?"

"He kept droning on about wires in the lightswitch near the door." Doc complained.

"And told us we're going to actually get to code robots!" Etho countered.

"And his voice was so dull and slow. It was like not even he wanted to be there." Doc said.

"Well when has a college teacher liked their job? Other than cooking and arts classes of course. At least he tried to smile at the basics he's totally repeated thousands of times."

"And there's going to be soooo much homework!"

"Well duh, it's college." Etho chuckled.

"Soo Doc hates it and Etho loves it." Beef concluded. They made it down the hallway and beef opened the door for the two with a dramatic bow, getting a muttered thanks from Etho and a scoff and an eye roll from Doc- his way of saying thank you.