Chapter 30 - again, i did not think of a chapter title.

(ok thats a lie, but it sucks, so if you guys think of a better one by tomorrow i'll use yours)

"I have to say, Slab, the class is growing on me."

"What, like a mold?" Beef cut in, jumping next to them from the side as he exited the kitchen.

Their classes were over for the day, and finally getting back into a routine, they were walking together off campus. It was a little colder than the first time, but it wasn't anything long sleeves or a slightly heavier jacket couldn't fix.

"No like- you know what I mean! The English expression." Doc frowned, rolling his eyes at Beef.

"Hmmm, so like moss then?" Etho added with a hum and hidden smile.

"You two are both insufferable."

"Aww you love us!" Beef cooed, slinging an arm over Doc's shoulder to pull him in for a side hug. It was a little awkward with Doc being so tall, but they were used to it.

"So how was Masterchef Junior?" Etho asked, acknowledging Beef properly.

"Oh go say that to Keralis and Ren! They're the ones actin' like toddlers in there." Beef started, "They've almost dropped half the plates we've used, and don't even mention the number of times I've had to stop them from sticking a fork in the microwave." He sighed overdramatically. "They can cook somehow, but it's a wonder they're both still in one piece as well."

Etho stiffened, not sure how Doc would react to the mention of Ren, but Doc just hummed. "Well what did you expect from those two? I'm surprised you haven't lost a finger yet working with them."

"Well I'm glad for that. Typing essays would be such a pain without a few of them." Beef laughed lightly, throwing a hand to the side to emphasize.

Etho yawned, stuffing his hands in his pocket to keep them warm. A harsher breeze flew past them, sending a shiver through all of them. The temperature was dropping more rapidly now, and Etho wasn't sure his fingerless gloves would do the trick on their own.

"Tired?"

"Yeah, bad sleep."

"Ok, which professor do we need to kidnap to cut the workload?" Beef asked with a grin. Doc didn't say anything, but nodded along with the joke anyway like they were serious.

"Oh no, it's not classwork this time actually."

"Oh?"

"Yeah I dunno. For once in my life I had too much energy to sleep?"

"Was it coffee keeping you up?" Beef asked.

"Didn't feel like it- but maybe?" Etho thought out loud, unsure.

"Was it stress?" Doc piped up. "The emotion or the person." He added with a quiet chuckle.

"I don't think so. I don't have anything to be stressed about." Etho paused, "I haven't talked to her all too recently, nor been thinking about anything to do with her either."

"Nerves for some social event or presentation or something?"

"Well I told Iskall they're doing all of the talking for the Science presentation, so probably not."

"Was it.... a good feeling?" Beef asked after a pause. Etho went quiet, looking at the ground for a second.

"Yeah." Etho shrugged casually. "Yeah it was." He thought to himself.

"Well then maybe it was worth the extra needed trip to caffeine heaven!" Beef smiled. "Which we are going to right now."

"Is that what you're calling it now?" Doc chuckled.