Chapter 23 - Bitter Coffee

"Doc, we're out of coffee."

"Ah shoot-" Doc muttered. "I thought we had another day or so before it ran out. I'll buy some more after classes."

"And I drank the last energy drink." Etho sulked when he realized.

"Huh? We still have a few." Doc raised an eyebrow. He opened the fridge, which he was next to, to prove it by waving his hands over the assorted drinks. Actually, a significant portion of the fridge was the drinks, and some leftover takeout, which made Doc quickly reconsider the idea of buying more groceries than he intended. Healthier food would probably do them good too.

"Those are carbonated." Etho deadpanned.

"Oh. Right." Doc frowned. "Do you think you can last a few classes man? We don't have time to run there beforehand."

"Yeah, I can manage."

----

It was a gorgeous day, and Bdubs was a salty, salty man.

Ok, well, to be fair, he had actually cooled down significantly since he last saw Etho, and had mostly ignored that it had ever happened. He wasn't that salty anymore.

Keralis didn't talk about it anymore. Cleo franky didn't care much more than a short quip to Etho's defense (wHO'S SIDE WAS SHE ON, HUH?) and a grumble about throwing away the ruined napkins and cardboard cup holders thingies Bdubs forgot the actual name of (y'know, those things so you don't burn your hands? Cardboard thingies? He should know this, working at a cafe).

Grian had only laughed once after he helped clean up the water and then was explaining it to Scar later on, who only raised an eyebrow and shrugged nonchalantly before the topic was changed- probably about Jellie, Bdubs couldn't remember.

"It's usually about Jellie," He scoffed a little as he thought, but he was smiling nonetheless.

But still, most people didn't seem to care as much as he did, and for an hour or so before class, he dawdled at the idea of him having imagined it all way worse than it was.

"Wouldn't that be hilarious!" He chuckled slightly, letting his thoughts rise to an inaudible whisper, as he swung his legs, dangling over the edge.

"If moi, the most perfect human,-" He mumbled overdramatically, clearly sarcastic, even to himself. "-was going insane and imagined a whole conflict with some white haired stranger who talked to me once- ha!" He had stifled a louder laugh, rolling his eyes to himself as he put the back of his hand on his forehead dramatically.

He fell backwards onto his mattress comfortably, grabbing the pillow next to him to hug as he stared at the ceiling.

"This is all so funny isn't it." He groaned, closing his eyes for a second. He was ready for the day physically(except maybe his hair being ruined by laying on it), but mentally, he was in a different place completely.

The weekend work wasn't that bad, albeit something to get used to since he was doing the extra work to raise tips for the bill. But to be completely fair, the bar was down basically on the ground in terms of customers, thanks to a wonderful, hot, and amazing person named Etho. Who had basically kicked the bar down to hell, if Bdubs was being dramatic, which he usually was.

So the weekend wasn't all bad, but it wasn't all that spectacular either, and even if it wasn't fair, he partially put the blame on Etho for everything that was going wrong.