Interlude: High School Days 2

"So?"

I hand him the papers I printed of my research, it's 6 pages stapled together.

We ended up at the study cafè anyway since I was pretty much free this weekend, and for some reason I find myself being strangely self-conscious of how I look right now. Is my hair messy? Do I have something in my teeth? Is my shirt wrinkled? Do my shoes fit my outfit?

"I thought you were an all-talk, that's impressive." He takes the papers and skims through it.

"I wouldn't be in second place if I were to be an all-talk." I replied, "What about you?"

"8 pages," he waves his papers that he just took out of his folder in the air.

I scoff, "That's just because your line-spacing is bigger than mine."

"Nope," he puts them in front of me, "It's because I'm in first place."

He shows off again, so I turn my chair towards him. "When I said that I'll surpass you, I will. Those 6 pages aren't my best." The man really needed to be on top of me for everything, huh?

"Oh yeah?" he leans in, "I won't show any mercy then."

My hand flies across his face, since I do not know how else to react when our faces are less than an inch apart, and so he winced while holding his cheek.

"O- I'm so sorry!" I said and covered my mouth, trying to not make my voice any louder for the sake of everyone else in this café that is trying to actually concentrate on their work.

Instead of the glare I was expecting from him, he laughs, sounding genuinely amused of what just happened, "Y/F/N. You," he gently rubs his sensitive red cheek, "You never fail to surprise me."

"Surprise you?" I mumbled, but it wasn't loud and clear enough for him to hear.

"Let's get started on the powerpoint shall we?"

"Oh, uh, yeah," I turn my chair back to the table and turn my laptop on, "wait, aren't we supposed to decide on who should do it? I mean I do not mind doing it but you'll have to present."

Yeonjun shakes his head, "This is a pair project and it requires work from both sides."

"Yeah, that's what we're doing right?"

"We'll do this powerpoint together, and present it together to show that we actually worked together," he said, "I kinda hate the idea of the students calling us rivals when we can clearly work together."

"I just slapped you a moment ago."

"That's different," he looks at me, "I'm talking academically."

I lowered my eyelids and slightly puffed my cheeks, "Fine," I opened the blank powerpoint and started typing in everything.

We worked for the whole Saturday, having the same ham sandwiches for lunch. I must tell you though, I prefer milk while he prefers coffee. Very sophisticated of him, but now I know for sure what to bring him whenever we meet or have a chance to talk again.

I mean what?