004 | i'm busy tomorrow

NOBODY HAS TO KNOW
ღ  🧸˚ ₊ 🤎 ˳ ͛ 🍂 ˖
chapter four

third person;

"who's going to that party tomorrow?" amelia asked as they were all sat at the cafeteria table during lunch break, after they had finished eating.

"maybe.." bea responded. "where is it again?"

"jaxson's, he lives like a street from mine," she explained. "we can just walk back to mine after, won't be at risk of any drunk drivers."

"yeah i'll go."

"me too," jade added.

"i'm busy tomorrow" sienna mumbled. "but you girls have fun."

"you're always busy," amelia complained. "anyway, i'm going to look hot for zach."

she slowly nodded. "sorry i have family things on. i'm free next weekend though, so we can make plans for then," she responded.

"well have to make plans then since you're apparently never free now," jade said with a small laugh.

"i know, next week, i promise i won't make any other plans," she said. "plus i don't really like parties anyway."

"you don't have to come, it's fine."

sienna looked up, noticing zach walking over to towards them — since her and amelia had switched sides from where they usual would sit — keeping an eye on him and then looking back at her friends.

"i like your hoodie," zach said as he took a seat beside her.

"okay," she responded, avoiding eye contact with him.

"where'd you get it?" he asked, knowing that question would annoy her since it was his.

"why are you here?" amelia asked him, not very politely as sienna looked up at her confused on why she was acting like that.

"this is a public space, i can be here if i want," he looked at her before back at sienna, pushing her hair over her shoulder as he gained her attention. "so where did you get it?"

"i don't know where it's from," she responded. "i found it in the laundry."

"this is awkward.." jade mumbled.

"you've got your answer, you can go now," amelia added as zach looked over to her.

"no, i wanna talk to sienna."

"i'm surprised you even know her name," bea said.

"she's pretty of course i know her name," he said as he continued to look at the group. "i know the names of all the pretty girls."

"you're such a player," bea said with a small laugh, looking away from him.

"i had a girlfriend once."

"yeah for four months, everyone knows. but that doesn't mean you're not a player now," jade responded.

"i could commit to a relationship, if i wanted to," he looked at her, while slightly holding one of sienna's hands. "just saying.."

"go one day without flirting with any girls, then maybe you could," bea smiled.

"anyway.. are you going to go or stay sitting here?" sienna asked making eye contact with the boy as he smirked.

"i'm stayin'," he said as she shook her head, looking away from him.

"i think you should go zach.." amelia said. "none of us want you here anyway."

"true," jade said quietly with a laugh.

"i don't know why you hate me... but fine, i'll go," he sighed, letting go of the girls hand while getting up. whispering in sienna's ear; "facetime me tonight."

she shook her head as he walked away. "anyway," she turned back to her friends.

"what's his deal?" bea asked.

"he's just being annoying."

"you've got to tell him that you're not interested in him," amelia said as sienna nodded. "i'm serious."

"yeah okay," she replied. "don't know when i'll talk to him again but sure."

"you don't need to be rude about it."

"i wasn't trying to be. that's just how he is, how am i suppose to know when he wants to talk to me again."

"amelia, he's already over there talking to another girl," jade mentioned. "sienna's not "taking him" from you."

she rolled her eyes in response. "can i ask what you see in him?" bea asked as the girl looked at her.

"also why did you want him to leave so badly?" sienna said. "do you like him or not?"

"yes i like him but i wasn't ready for him to be over here. and bea, he's hot and popular, what else could you want in a guy."

"a lot else," she mumbled under her breath.

"being rude to him isn't going to make him like you, if anything he'll probably like you less," sienna explained. "this isn't some enemies to lovers story."

"he flirts with you once and suddenly you're apparently best friends with him and knows what he likes in a relationship," amelia said annoyed.

"i was just saying. i mean, i wouldn't date a guy who's rude to me, even if he does like me."

"same.." jade defended sienna. "amelia, if anything she's helping you understand what type of person someone would rather."

"like no, zach might not want the nicest girl in the world, we don't know. and although he's an absolute dickhead sometimes, it doesn't mean he would want to date someone who's rude to him," she continued.

"see, i'm not the only one who thinks that," sienna added, saying in the nicest way possible.

"okay if you say so.. i'll make sure to be nice to him at the party then."

"mhm okay.." she mumbled.

AUTHORS NOTE

i have nothing to say today lol i hope you're enjoying the book tho