035 | set some ground rules

NOBODY HAS TO KNOW
ღ  🧸˚ ₊ 🤎 ˳ ͛ 🍂 ˖
chapter thirty-five

third person;

"sienna," aubrey softly knocked on the door of her daughter bedroom. opening it after getting permission from the girl inside.

aubrey had arrived home from work not to long ago and sienna the same with school, meaning it was just the two of them in the house.

she took a seat on the edge of the bed as sienna turned around from her desk, where she had been working on her art assignment, to face her mother, giving her a small smile as she done so.

"so.. i was talking to your father last night, and we agree that you're allowed a boyfriend, but we do need to set some ground rules.."

"okay.." she slightly mumbled.

"so.. zach isn't allowed to sleepover on school nights, he can on weekends. and you're free to go over his, but once again no sleeping there on school nights. he can come after school, even dinner if you tell us in advance but he has to leave by nine o'clock."

"and don't even attempt to sneak him in or out your window, that is very unsafe for the both of you," aubrey kept explaining as her daughter nodded. "i want you to be truthful to us sienna."

"yes mom, i will, i will"

"now.. sex-"

"oh my god mom," sienna softly groaned as interrupted her, spinning around in her chair and resting her head on top of her arms on the desk. "i didn't think you'd actually ask about that stuff.."

"have you and your boyfriend had sex?" she raised a brow at the girl not facing her. "be honest sienna, you're not going to get in trouble.."

"i was a teenager once, i know what kids your ages get up to and more in particular what boys want to do," aubrey continued after not getting a response. "now sienna, have you had sex?"

"no- yes- maybe once.." she partly lied — no, it hasn't happened recently, yes it's happened before, a couple more times than once though, but she didn't necessarily need to know that.

"i hope you both know about safe sex and using protection.." she pressed her lips together, watching her daughter as she lifted her head back up and face her once again and nodded.

"yes, we learn about all that in school," she folded her arms. "are we done now? because i am.."

"honey, i'm going to take you to the doctor's office tomorrow after school and get you put on the pill," she explained as she stood up, placing her hand on the girls shoulder, "i just want you to be safe, that's all"

"okay mom.." her eyes follow her mother as she had exited her bedroom, shutting the door on her way out.

sienna put her headphones in and picked up her phone and facetimed her boyfriend, resting it up against something on her desk so she could do her art assignment while talking with him.

"hi babyy," zach answered holding the phone extremely close to his face, which made her let out a small giggle.

"hi zachary," she smiled and then looked back down at the canvas in front of her. "i just spoke to my mother," she mentioned, lightly sketching on the fabric.

"how did that go?"

"you're not allowed to sleepover on school nights.. i'm supposed to not attempt to sneak you in though my window-"

"but the old, no rules were better," he pouted as he interrupted her. "how am i supposed to spend time with you.."

sienna softly shrugged, letting out a sigh as she done so. ".. i also now have to go to the doctors office tomorrow and get put on the pill because she wants us to be safe, mh fun."

"we shouldn't have told our parents," he mumbled. "what about the nights where i want to cuddle and kiss you?"

"i don't know.." she copied his tone, glancing over towards her window and then back at the phone. "i mean they've never caught us before.."

"ooo sienna's a bad girl now," he had a smug look on his face as she shook her head and softly laughed at his comment.

"zach, you've been sneaking in for five months.." she reminded him, receiving a little hum in agreement. "and you're the only reason why i'm a "bad girl", you're the one who's convinced me to do all these things."

"i'm not the problem, i'm a innocent little boy, i don't break rules," he grinned at her.

"mh okay.."

the two both went silent, zach watched through the phone as she held the canvas out in front of her face, slightly titling her head and narrowing her eyes trying to decide if it looked right.

"what are you making?" he spoke up as her eyes glanced over to the boy on phone screen.

"i'm doing my art assignment.."

"can i see," he dragged out his words in excitement as she hesitated for a few seconds. "pleaseee"

"it's just the sketch, i've got to paint it," she turned it around toward the camera. "i don't think you can see anything on it.."

"that's a wonderful abstract plain white painting, could i have one just like that for my bedroom?"

"oh shut up," she shook her head at him once again as she pulled it away and set the canvas back down on her desk. "i never showing you my work again."

"fine but i'll never play guitar or sing to ever again," he jokingly huffed, crossing his arms while looking away from the camera. "not even send you videos."

she smiled at her phone, staring at the boy as he continued to put up a fake fight. "okay then, let's see how long you last.."

"no that's not fair," he exclaimed, looking back at the phone. "who else am i supposed to show my singing and finger skills to?"

"never say finger skills when referring to playing guitar again," she laughed at him.

"who said i was referring to playing guitar?" he raised a brow at his girlfriend as she sat there seeming as though she was speechless. "i'm jokinggg don't be so dirty minded, sienna."

"you're the one who said it.."

AUTHORS NOTE

i d k where this book is going 😃