A champion always goes back to his guardian Part 4

The crunch of snow in the desolate town was loud. Blood was rushing in his ear. He had only seen Aeor in person once. Spoken many times and abandoned him for years. This couldn't go well even if he tried. The doors opened without a noise, the same as it used to be. Someone had obviously kept them oiled, changed the hinges when they began to rust.

"Aeor."he said. The immortal always heard. Even if he didn't reply, if Scott never said a word. A gift, a help, an understanding was always there for the king. He broke that 2 years ago. Maybe the guardian moved on. Passed his power to another. Changed the prophecy. Deemed the cyanette unworthy.

"Elinar" or he waited. That was unexpected. "You have returned I see. For how long. I can tell you're going to depart again. He never leaves does he. Never quits. Never backs down. Never runs from the issue unless he himself is the hunter." , "You and mocking me." he retorts, "So dear guardian. Why have you come here. Knowing I would mock and laugh and tell you why you are wrong. That you need to face him-" , "And do what Aeor. Watch as the corruption paints the lands of every kingdom red. Watch as sausage and Joey are trapped in a mental imprisonment. Watch as every plan, every glimpse of hope fail. Watch as my own husband is tormented by a brother I didn't ask for." , "No. Champion I suggest you delete him. Running only gets you so far. Only lets you breathe for a time. Then you run again." , "Delete? Like permadeath? Banned?"  

"Exactly."

 "I'll see. Sometimes I wonder if it's better to run. To let the council rule. They're better at it than me. Those times you mentioned, that I get to breathe. It's nice. Alone. Taking everything in. I got to explore. The weight of ruling a kingdom not keeping me under the hypothetical water, the steel bars of capture. Just freedom."  

"Yet, you miss him." Scott sighed. It always went back to Jimmy, his thoughts, his actions, his life, his kingdom. It revolved around Jimmy. His time alone spent thinking of the blonde he had loved for centuries. As champion he was immortal. He forgot many things about past lives. Yet he knows he's always loved Jimmy. Always been with him. By his side, friend or lover. The two were inseparable. He had to stay. If not for himself, his friends, his kingdom, for his husband, his lover, his beacon that always lead the way home, no matter how far. He had to stay because he made a commitment. Yet he didn't have to. He wanted to. It felt natural, right, like home. He was home.

"Welcome back Champion." Scott smiled for the first time in years. He was done running. Done hiding. Done being Scott. He was the king of Rivendell, Champion of Aeor, Husband of the Codfather, Brother of Xornoth, and he would end it once and for all. "Thank you Aeor" , "This is why I chose you Scott Smajor. You are the only person capable of such realisations, of keeping the secret, of luring Conell where we need him" , "I have a reunion first." , "Indeed. Go Champion. May we speak soon." with that he left. Scott was happy to be back. To be staying. This would end. It would end today.

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When you add new stuff to the plot cause y not

Tj xx