Burial of the dead Part 9

The first light of morning filtered through his window, casting a golden glow in the room. More to his liking, onto his husband. Jimmy had always looked close to ethereal in the golden hours, his strawberry blonde hair turning more matte, his brown eyes gaining a golden glow, his pure skin radiant. Said man slept peacefully ,wrapped in Scott's limbs, breathing slow. Scott stayed for a time, just observing the man that had stole his heart, the affection he held for the blonde  fluttering at the thought of their wedding, their life.

He thought to another though. A brother drowned in red and powered by vengeance. Xornoth. He didn't want his brother to be the man he became. He never really knew him. Faded memories circling faintly as he recalled the past years and weeks. Scott had never really wanted to be part of the prophecy, guilt dripping from him at the prospect of activating an eternal winter that would most likely kill the other empires, their people not accustomed to frigid climates . He thought at the way Xornoth's body had fallen to the floor, the loud thud ringing in his ears. It's not something he regrets. More something he wishes he didn't have to do. 

His brother was a monster. Yet he was his brother nonetheless and he deserved at least a burial.

 As the sun rose further, Scott took to the skies.

The journey was long but the adrenaline of wind in his face and freedom of the blue made it less insufferable. His thoughts were spanning over the plans. Conell wasn't set to have a proper funeral, the attendance would probably be Scott and Scott alone. So he decided to create a grave. Nothing fancy or ostentatious, just a memorial.

The well architectured building came in to view soon, the work of fWhip concealing a maze of traps. He remembers rushing through the halls, not bothering to admire the well made puzzles and pleasing décor. This time he wandered, using the paths they contrived the day this all started, the murder of the dragon, the unleashing of his brother. 

Finally, he makes it to the portal, stepping in.

The end is bitter and partially deserted. Some endermen walk around, lost without their queen. He finds the body of Xornoth quickly, his skin closer to that of a human -not saturated in possession- covered in patches of purple and red and black and scales. His face is relaxed. If you hadn't watched the intense battle, heard the sneers and comebacks, watched the blood fall, he could be asleep. But he wasn't. Scott had witnessed it all first hand, been that hand to slaughter. The cyanette places the body in a minecart he brought with him. It lay limp in the cold metal, not a contrast to the feeling of his skin.

Anyone seen Scott?? His communicator buzzed, Jimmy now evidently awake and missing his husband. Just running an errand Jim he replies, pocketing the device and pushing his brother into the portal.

Safely through, the elven king places his brother on his back, flying back to his kingdom.

It's around noon when the King of Rivendell touches down on the familiar cobbled paths of his empire, instantly walking to a patch of grass beside his house,  currently baron. The cyan-haired male sets to work on excavating a hole big enough to host a body. It doesn't take long with a high efficiency shovel, and soon he is placing Xornoth in and covering the cavity. The headstone is made out of copper, engraved with the words Xornoth, brother and demon unknown-2021 and flourished with a single black dahlia. 

When Jimmy asks, Scott just shrugs him off and carries on with his day.

Exor, conell, Xornoth. All three failed to the hands of Aeor, Elinar, Scott. None ever regretted how they sucked the life out of their brother like a vacuum. All just wished that they weren't pressed to do so. 

The universe is cruel. Sometimes we are made to do things we know are right, need to be done, but pain us to do so. That just leave us with a loss. For Scott and his predecessors, that holds true. Yet they lived on, moved passed it, never forgetting the family that fell in order for peace to reign free. Those who fell lived on, in their hearts, in monuments and during sacrifices. Maybe it's just better that way. A memory, followed and loved from a distance.

Peace could finally reign.

                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Small epilogue next chapter and then we are done. I have enjoyed writing this so much. Please go check the original out on :

Go give them some love

Tj xx