003. wake up

andie woke up with a loud ringing in her ear

andie woke up with a loud ringing in her ear. she absolutely had no memory of what had happened before blacking out. her memories ended with arguing with evan over the rock.

the rock! where was it?

andie sat up, propping herself on her elbows as her eyes scanned the surfaces around her. when she took a good look, she realized that she wasn't in her apartment.

"evan?" she called out, to be met with a husky groan, "holy shit, evan!" andie scrambled to her feet despite the throb on her head and raced over to her friend who was sprawled out on the ground.

"what happened?" he asked with a hoarse voice as andie helped him sit up the best she could with only one arm.

"we must've gotten into a car accident or something." andie assumed as evan looked around.

instead of the grey tinted walls of their usual apartment, they were surrounded by loads of trees and shrubs. a stone path dividing them with moss growing onto the stones, taking over them being as a virus that would take over a human.

"where... are we?" evan questioned once he had regained full consciousness of his surroundings and stood beside andie. "no clue, but we certainly aren't home."

"do you think we got hit by a peanut truck?"

"what the hell, evan?"

"it could have happened!"

andie scoffed before walking along the stone path. "hey — where are you going?!" evan called after her as he raced to catch up.

"well we need to get back home, don't we? maybe this path leads there." she suggested.

evan didn't speak and the two fell into silence.