038. the last moments

"do you think we should speak to josh before we leave? like maybe spend time with him and do a lot of things before we go?" andie suggested, placing the blue stone she had in her hand into her locket

"i feel like that is a great idea. we can't leave so sudden." evan replied, standing from the bed he sat on as he dusted himself off. "let's go, this day won't go on forever."

after the two exited the room, they separated, in attempt to find josh faster.

as the two wandered around the castle, the two shared a thought.

they didn't want to leave. but what choice did they have? they couldn't stay there forever.

"meda!" a voice called, causing andie to turn towards the direction it was coming from. "where have you been all morning?" he asked, approaching her with a smile.

"oh! hey, josh. i was just looking for you!" she replied, giving him a smile back, "can we look for evan? we wanted to ask you something."

"you could ask me now." josh chuckled nervously, unsure of where this conversation was going.

"it's nothing bad, i promise! we just thought we could all spend the day together."

that wasn't a lie. but she didn't give him the full reason why.

his smile grew wider, "alright, i guess i can push a few duties back a day. let's go find him."

"

after awhile of trying to find evan, they eventually found him wandering around in josh's room

"evan, what are you doing in here?" josh asked, sounding genuine.

"shit- i'm so sorry, josh. i was trying to look for you with andie and — and i guess i got sidetracked." evan replied, sounding slightly frightened, "are you mad?"

"no. no, why would i be mad? we all do things like that sometimes."

josh was way too kind to people.

evan let out a quiet sigh before approaching the two. "let's get going, yeah? we all have a big day ahead of us."

"yeah — uh, listen. i'll catch up with you guys, okay? give me a minute." andie spoke, earning a nod from the two.

as she watched them walk out of the room, she quickly slipped the wedding ring off of her finger as she took the piece of parchment out of the pocket in her dress.

she looked at the two items with an unpleasant look, before placing them gently on clay's vanity. she kept her eyes locked onto those two items, she couldn't look away.

all of those memories she made in this kingdom were soon going feel like a dream.

she forced herself to look away from the items, exiting the room quietly. eventually, she caught up to the two who were in the corridor, leaning against the wall while they talked.

"hey, andie! are you ready now?" evan asked, standing up straight.

"yeah! what are we going to do first?" andie asked, her eyes flickering between them.

"i was thinking we could go on a walk. the villagers aren't awake yet, so we could just explore the meadow and enjoy fresh air." evan suggested, looking over at josh for an answer.

josh began to walk down the corridor, causing the two to immediately follow, "what are we even doing today besides going on a walk and going to the village?"

"it's not gonna be a busy day, we're just going to be hanging out all day, that's all."

"evan, that's what we do every day." josh laughed, "is there something happening on this special day?"

the two quickly glanced at each other before turning their attention towards the area ahead of them.

"there's nothing special happening today. we just thought that you've been so busy with your royal duties, that you haven't been hanging out with us a lot." andie lied.

"that is true, and i apologize for that." josh replied, turning towards andie, who was slightly looking down as she walked.

silence filled the air. though, it was comfortable.

the three each had separate thoughts, majority of them were very random.

andie thought of how josh would react when they left.

evan thought of how much he was going to miss the place.

josh thought of how random andie and evan asked to spend time together all of a sudden.

"josh?"

"yes, meda?"

"if one day, evan and i just disappeared, what would you do?" andie asked, sounding genuine. she was scared when she asked, it might've made it obvious that the two will leave.

"what would i do?" josh repeated, "i don't know. you two have been the best thing that has ever happened to me. i don't think i could let go of the both of you that quickly."

that response caused andie to feel uneasy to her stomach. she wanted to tell him everything, she wanted him to know the truth. but as much as she wanted to tell him, she felt that it would be easier to not face him once he found out.

who knew leaving would be so difficult..?