040. goodbye

after the three head for the castle, they all went their separate ways to their bedrooms, causing josh to think he was going to see them the next day

"evan, i'm scared."

"why, andie?"

"what if the wish doesn't work? i mean, maeve hasn't let me down once. but are they able to bring us back to our universe?"

"if maeve hasn't let us down, then i'm sure they won't let us down now. besides, they brought us to a whole other universe, i'm sure they can bring us back." evan assured.

"alrighty! are you two ready?" maeve asked, waving their wand around.

"i'm ready, are you?" evan asked, aiming the question towards andie.

andie was hesitant, but she nodded, looking down at her feet.

"whenever you're ready to say it, princess." they smiled.

the two took a deep breath, mentally preparing themselves for what might happen in the next five minutes.

they made eye contact, attempting to signal the other that they were ready to go back. intertwining their fingers, they closed their eyes, taking another deep breath.

"we wish we could go back home."

maeve began to whip up their spell. but as they did so, the two began to feel light headed, it felt way more effective than last time. they tried to keep themselves up, but as maeve's spell continued, they felt weaker and weaker.

evan was the first to fall, which caused andie to fall immediately after.

this was it.

they were going home.