015. snow

it had been a couple of weeks since the incident ezekiel and andie had in that corridor, no one has spoken about it since

andie never wanted it to be brought up until she thought about a way to tell josh.

and you might be thinking 'why not just tell him straight up?'. this is his father, usually, people would defend family first.

she had been avoiding ezekiel for those past couple of weeks and had gotten better sleep, thankfully.

even though andie's sleep schedule is back to normal, thoughts still lingered inside her head. they weren't as intense as before, but they were still there.

it was now december; andie's favorite time of the year. it seemed to be snowing here, and evan loved the snow.

as of now, evan was looking out of the window in one of the corridors, watching the snow fall. he loved the way the sprinkles of white fell from the sky.

andie was currently walking down the corridor, on her way to the dining room for breakfast, before noticing her best friend standing at a window.

she approached him and stood by his side, watching the snow fall as well, "you know, we could always go outside."

"but...we don't have any snowwear."

"yeah, but — come on, what the hell?" andie chuckled, jogging down the corridor, causing evan to chase her down.

the two laughed as they ran around the castle, before reaching the outside.

it was freezing out, but they didn't care. all they wanted to do was catch snowflakes on their tongues.

evan threw snowballs at andie from time to time as she traced shapes on the fresh layer of snow below her feet. despite the freezing weather, they made snow angels just for fun.

it wouldn't be a surprise if either of them got frostbite from being out there.

after awhile of playing in the snow, the two agreed that they were freezing, which led them to race back into the castle and warm themselves by the fireplace in the main hall.

the main hall was a beautiful sight; pine garlands wrapped in christmas lights were decorated around every window in sight, a christmas tree that took a whole corner of the room was decorated with lights, streamers, a tree skirt, and a stunning guardian angel sitting on top of the tree.

there were presents under the tree and knowing andie, she snooped around to find out which present is to who and from who.

majority of them were for josh. it wasn't even a surprise, he was the prince after all.

"i kind of regret going outside in the snow without a coat." evan chuckled, rubbing his hands together for warmth.

"i don't, that was a cool experience. rain would've been way better, though." andie protested, glancing at evan before setting her eyes on the fire in the fireplace.

she loved the way the flames crackled, giving some sort of background noise in the unusually quiet and empty halls — besides evan and andie, of course.

"hey — isn't that ball coming up?"

"what? what ball?"

"ah, the christmas ball," a voice spoke, grabbing andie and evan's attention. it was clarisse. "that's my favorite event that we do annually, we do different colors every year as a theme. not quite sure what this year's color will be, but once i find out, i'll let you two know."

"thank you, your highness." evan smiled, before turning towards andie, "did josh not tell you?" he mentioned, giving andie a confused look.

she shook her head, "he didn't tell me anything about that yet. but maybe he'll tell me soon?"

"well, i'm thinking he will invite a special girl to the ball. but i do hope that it's you. you're too beautiful to not be shown to the kingdom." clarisse smiled, earning a smile back from andie.

"i really do appreciate your words, your highness. i am truly happy that you think i'm fit for your grandson."

clarisse approached andie, taking her hands as she looked at the younger girl, "a piece of advice, coming from someone who has loved for many years: do not be afraid to love, do not be afraid to express, and absolutely do not expect more than what you can give."