Chapter 2

Music played in the practise room, echoing off the white walls and pale blue floor. Yeonjun and Huening Kai were practising the new choreography, while Kang Taehyun sat in a corner listening to his own music. Choi Beomgyu was kneeling in front of the asleep Soobin, filming him.

☆*: .。. ⁂ .。. :*☆

With a start, Soobin awoke. He was in the practise room, leaning against the mirror, not falling from crumbling stairs in a world where everything was either dying or dead.

It's just a nightmare, he reassured himself.

Unease crept over him.

But the dream seemed so real...

It can't possibly be real, Yeonjun-hyung is perfectly fine, and you don't have that weird book.

Beomgyu giggled. His Soobin-hyung would not like the video he had taken.

Beomgyu's laugh bumped Soobin out of his thoughts. He looked around. Beomgyu was filming him, like he always did. Taehyun was alone in his corner, minding his own business and listening to music. Yeonjun-hyung was guiding Huening Kai through the new choreo.

You see, Yeonjun-hyung is perfectly fine.

And Hyuka isn't wearing his shoes properly. Sigh.

At that same moment, Huening Kai's foot slipped out of his shoe.

And he decided to leave Yeonjun to deal with that, while he tried to figure out his exact surroundings.

The glass of the windows were fogged up, so it was nearly impossible to look outside.

Beomgyu moved on to film Hyuka and Yeonjun, giving Soobin time to adjust to the bright lights. Rubbing his eyes like a bunny, he noticed a window.

It was slightly open. Just the tiniest opening.

And being the curious bunny he was, he decided to see what was outside, what was separated, what was most probably forbidden to him.

So he went.

☆*: .。. ⁂ .。. :*☆

Peeking out, all he saw was the usual traffic. Nothing abnormal.

Disappointment crashed onto him like a giant wave, almost, but not yet, destroying all his hope, like how the buildings were destroyed in his dream.

Perhaps he had wanted the dream to have brought him somewhere else. Perhaps he had wanted the dream to change his life somehow. Perhaps it had. But it probably didn't.

Closing the window carefully, he looked back into the room. Maybe the change was in here, not out there, he thought.

And that was when he saw the door.

The slightly fogged up door next to Taehyun. It prevented him from seeing what was inside. All that was distinguishable was that it was dark. Very dark. And it was also ajar, like the window.