Alaric the Hunter

(Night between November 6 and 7, 2010) Heidi's POV

It's been two weeks since Elijah and I were last in Mystic Falls. Rebekah has kept us up to date on what's been going on. Mum was still trying to kill us, along with the Scooby Gang of Mystic Falls. Now there is an indestructible white oak stake out there, that can kill us. In the hands of a new vampire hunter mum made. We are no longer linked, thanks to Bonnie Bennett. Also Klaus has been desiccated. We want his body back.

So Elijah has been made the negotiator. Which is why we're back in Mystic Falls. "Let me do the talking Heidi" Elijah tells me

"Of course Eli, I just want Nik back" I tell him.

"We will get him back" he assures me as we reach the Gilbert house. We get out of the car and went to the door. He opens the door and steps inside while I wait to be invited in. Elena appears and looks at us shocked.

"Stefan" she says and he appears behind her.

"Elijah, Heidi" Stefan says.

"Hello again" Elijah says. "May Heidi come in?" he asks.

"Of course, come in" Elena says. I enter the house closing the door behind me. We go to the kitchen where they call Damon. Who currently has Nik's body.

"All we need is to take that stake away from him. Once he's been disarmed, the weapon's in my possession. My family will scatter to the ends of the Earth and Alaric will follow us" Elijah tells them matter of factly.

"And you'll just run?" Stefan asks us.

"They've done it before" I tell him shrugging. I was daggered in a box at the time.

"Klaus and Rebekah spent the better part of a thousand years evading my father. What's another half century while Elena is able to live out the rest of her natural life?" Elijah asks him.

"Gives us a good excuse to tour the world" I say excitedly. Elijah gives me a look and I calm down. "Sorry Eli" I say sheepishly.

"We've finally stopped him, Elijah. After everything that he's done to us, I can't just let you bring him back" Elena tells him.

"I give you my word, Elena. I will not revive Klaus within yours nor even within your children's lifetimes. Perhaps that will finally teach him some manners" Elijah states.

"Why should she trust you? All you've done is screw her over" Matt states and I glare at him. HOw dare he question my brother's honour.

"And for that, I am deeply ashamed. But know this, she could have been dead the instant I walked through that door tonight. So Elena, I leave it to you to make the decision whether to trust me or not" Elijah tells her.

"Not! Hello? Did that concussion give you brain damage?! His lunatic siblings will kill you the first chance they get!" Damon yells over the phone.

"Heidi, Rebekah and Kol will honor the terms. If you return Klaus' body to us, Elena will come to no harm" Elijah tells them.

"Only if Klaus is returned to us, otherwise no promises" I sneer.

"Dark Heidi, please let light Heidi out" Elijah tells me. I roll my eyes and feel my personality shift. I look around.

"It happened again, didn't it?" I ask Elijah.

"Yes, but she is gone now" he states wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "So Elena, do we have a deal?" he asks her.

"No, no, no, no! Did I mention no?" Damon demands.

"Elena, it's up to you" Stefan tells her.

"Oh, come on!" Damon whines.

"Why do you want Klaus' body?" Elena asks us.

"He's our brother, we stay together always and forever" I tell her.

"We have a deal" she tells us. It was organized that Rebekah would go collect Klaus' body. Elijah and I go walk about town. Him pointing our where things used to be in our time.

(Time skip)

It's night time. We go into the woods to see Stefan, Caroline and Jeremy. "What happened?" I ask them curious. They don't respond and leave. "I feel like something bad has happened" I tell Elijah. "I had the same feeling when Finn died" I state.

"I'm sure everything is fine" he assures me. Just then Rebekah appears and she looks close to tears. Now I know something is wrong, Rebekah never cries. Ever.

"He's gone Heidi, Elijah. There was nothing I could do to stop it" she tells us. We walk towards each other and hug each other tight. Rebekah and I crying.

"Tyler Lockwood is dead, but the rest survived. You said that Niklaus turned their bloodline" he tells her.

"I thought he did" she tells him as she pulls away.

"It wasn't me or Kol. Heidi has never turned anyone" Elijah states.

"It wasn't me, Elijah. It was Niklaus, I'm sure of it" she tells him.

"Then how are they still alive?" he asks her. I become angry. Why should they live if my brother is dead? Why should they be happy? I share a look with Rebekah and we leave Elijah. We go to Wickery bridge. She calls Stefan.

"You're alive. Congratulations" she drawls.

"Rebekah" he says.

"Elijah spoke to Elena. Her and Matt should be arriving back in town any minute" she tells him.

"Yeah, he told me that. He also said you two would be long gone out of town by now. With Heidi" he states.

"That's the problem. Elijah says we have to run, that the hunter will keep coming after us. But I don't want to run anymore, Stefan. I spent my whole life running. I won't let Heidi go through that" she tells him.

"What are you talking about? We had a deal" he states.

"I'm sorry, but Klaus is dead. There is no deal. If my brothers, sister and I are going to survive, we need to get rid of Alaric and the only way to get rid of Alaric..." she trials off. As we see Matt's truck head lights.

"Rebekah no" Stefan says and she hands me the phone heading for the bridge.

"I told you what would happen Stefan, if we didn't get my brother back. Enjoy life without Elena" I tell him and hang up. As Matt's truck goes over the bridge. I blink and look around confused. "Bex, where are we?" I ask her confused as she appears in front of me.

"Just took care of some business" she tells me. "Lets get you back to Elijah" she states. I nod my head feeling tired. We run to the mansion and I get into Elijah's car. Rebekah promises to see us soon and hugs Elijah. Before he got into the drivers side and drove us away from Mystic Falls as I fall asleep in my seat. Not know the danger our sister was in.

A/N

Picture above of Elijah and picture on the external link of the white oak stake.