Rebekah's Arrival

Heidi's POV

So it's been months since I last saw Elijah. Klaus claimed he left of his own free will. But I can always tell when my family is lying to me. And he took my phone. So I can't call Rebekah or Elijah. Who I believe is daggered somewhere. But hopefully Rebekah will come to investigate herself soon. Then we can find Elijah together.

Klaus has told me not to leave the house. Hayley isn't allowed to leave either. So we've been keeping each other company. Exchanging stories of our lives. Bu today, I figured I'd confront Klaus again about Elijah. "How can I help you today?" he asks as he sketches.

"Where's Elijah?" I ask him.

"He left, I've told you this" he states.

"You and I both know Elijah wouldn't leave me without a good bye. Where is he Nik?" I demand. Before he can answer, he gets a text. He reads it and looks annoyed.

"I told you not to leave the house" he states.

"I haven't" I tell him. Just then we hear a familiar voice downstairs. I smile and run towards it with Nik following. "Rebekah!" I cheer launching myself at her.

"Heidi" she says hugging me close.

"Rebekah, I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were your doing?" Nik asks her.

"They were very rude" she states as she lets me go. "Trying to victimize a poor, innocent girl just trying to find her way to the Quarter. So sorry, were they friends of yours? Oh, that's right, you don't have any friends" she says.

"I do have friends. I have Marcel. You remember him, don't you? Yes, of course you do. He fancies himself the 'King of the Quarter' now, and he has these rules about killing vampires. It'll be fun to see what sort of punishment he comes up with for you" Nik says with a smirk.

"I don't care about Marcel or his rules. Elijah doesn't welch on deals. What did you do to him?" Rebekah asks him. "Also why haven't you called me?" she asks me.

"Nik took my phone and I couldn't leave Hayley alone with him" I state. "I have no idea where Elijah is either, he was here when I went down for a nap. Then gone when I woke up" I tell her.

"Perhaps he's on holiday or taking a long autumn nap upstairs. Well, go on. Take a look around. You remember this house as well as I" Nik tells Rebekah. As he sits down.

"I remember everything" she states. "I remember how the drunken fool of a governor hid away all of our vampire sins in exchange for gold. I remember the lavish parties the governor threw, as if to impress you. I remember finding a moment of affection with the governor's son, Emil. And I remember that even Elijah was happy. So was Heidi" she says.

"I was able to be a child" I state. "Until I saw you kill Emil and reminded me what we are" I add. Rebekah wraps a comforting arm around me.

"Well, he wasn't good enough for Rebekah" he states.

"No one was ever good enough for me, Nik, you made sure of that. Now where is Elijah?" Rebekah asks him. Klaus' phone starts buzzing. He checks it, stands and moves to leave.

"Where are you going?" Rebekah and I ask him.

"It appears the night is not quite over, yet. I'm off for another drink with Marcel" he states.

"Elijah told me about your plan to take apart Marcel's empire piece by piece. I don't remember it involving you two drinking New Orleans dry together" Rebekah states.

"I know you don't have many friends, Rebekah, but what some friends do when they get together is they drink. And when they drink, they tell secrets. Marcel has somehow found a way to control the entirety of witches in the Quarter, and I aim to uncover the 'how' so I might take it for myself. Finding Elijah didn't make my to-do list today" he states. "Oh, and welcome home, Rebekah" he adds before leaving.