Who Gets the Cure?

Heidi's POV

We arrived in Mystic Falls safely and went to the house Klaus had built for us. We all sit at the dining table. Elijah at the head of the table, Klaus and Rebekah either side of him. I sat on the table as I didn't want to sit beside either Klaus or Rebekah.

"Elijah, being a human means a fresh start. I can grow old and have a family and fill my days with meaning, knowing that each one matters" Rebekah tells him. Klaus laughs.

"Well that was poetic" he says.

"Well, if you can provide us with a more compelling reason for wanting the cure, Klaus, please" Elijah says.

"Silas can appear as anyone. He got inside my thoughts, convinced me I was dying. He will torment me until I give him the cure" Klaus explains.

"And in doing so he will break down the wall to the Other Side" Rebekah adds.

"So it doesn't trap him there when he dies. He wants to reunite with his lost soulmate" Klaus states. "You of all lovesick fools should applaud his devotion" he tells Elijah.

"He will open the floodgates for every supernatural being that has ever died" Rebekah states.

"Including our dear brothers, Kol and Finn. We'll have our family back" Klaus states.

"That wouldn't be so bad" I admit. I miss my brothers. Even though Finn tried to help mother kill us all. He helped us survive in the end.

"Please, you hated Kol and you kept Finn in a box for most of his life" Rebekah snaps at Klaus.

"Elijah, please" Klaus says gesturing to Rebekah.

"What is your argument Heidi?" Elijah asks me curious.

"It's simple, I want to grow up to be Rebekah's age. Then be a vampire again and live eternity not stuck in a child's body" I state.

"There is no guarantee you'd be able to be a vampire again" he tells me. "What if you take the cure and you can't ever be a vampire again?" he asks me curious.

"I hadn't thought of that" I admit and think about it. Yes I wish to be their age, but I want to spend eternity with them more. Am I willing to take the risk that I might die? No, I wasn't. "Then I think Rebekah should have it" I state.

"I agree, I don't Klaus' personal discomfort might not be sufficient reason for putting the entire world in jeopardy. I think Rebekah deserves a shot at happiness" Elijah states.

"Tell me you're joking. Tell me you're not fating me to an eternity of torture" Klaus demands.

"I made my decision" Elijah states. Klaus swiftly stands and leans down to speak into Rebekah's ear. While Elijah and I stay put.

"When you're sick and dying, and you beg for my blood. I will laugh in your face and compel you to forget me" Klaus tells Rebekah. Before leaving the room.

Rebekah remains carefully composed as she touches her hair and clears her throat. "Thank you Heidi" she tells me before looking Elijah. "Where is the cure?" she asks him.

"Rebekah, it's no secret that you are impulsive, emotional, and at times morally questionable. Prove to me this isn't just another one of your whims, that you know precisely what you are giving up here" Elijah tells her as we get up to our feet.

"Fine, anything" she tells him.

"I want you to live a day as a human. This day. No vampire privileges no strength, no compulsion, no nothing. If you succeed, if you still believe this is what you want, the cure is yours" Elijah tells her. Rebekah is surprised, but releases the tension in her body with resignation and accepts the challenge.

She left saying she was going dress shopping with Elena. She asked if I wanted to come, but I declined. I grab the cure from Elijah and study it. "Do you regret your decision?" Elijah asks me.

"No" I say. "As much as I wish to be older physically, I don't want to risk dying human. It'd hurt you all. I'd rather spend eternity as a vampire, then have any of you suffer the lose of another sibling" I state. "Yes, we'll lose Rebekah in the next century if she takes the cure. But we'll have her children and their children" I say with a smile.

"I wish there was something I could do to make your life better" he tells me.

"Just be my brother always and forever" I tell him.

"Always and forever little sister" he assures me with a smile. We share a hug. "How about we freshen up and go explore the town?" he suggests. I agree and ran upstairs to my room. Where I had a quick shower and changed clothes. I then rejoined Elijah and we left the house to explore the town.

"Hasn't changed much" I state.

"Well give it a few decades and I'm sure it'll look very different" he tells me.

"We should of brought Coco, he'd love to explore the town and forest" I state.

"He was tired from the journey, I'm sure he'll want to explore tonight" he tells me. I nod my head in agreement. Rebekah joins us.

"I have something for you" she says and hands Elijah the white oak stake. "Do with it as you wish, once I'm human. I'll have no use for it" she states.

"Thank you" he says and she left us. Heading to her house to get ready for prom. "I'm going to go give this to Klaus, be careful" he tells me.

"Of course" I tell him. He left me and I go to the hospital. I still a blood bag and went to the cemetery. Where I drank it in peace until Elijah and Coco found me. "Sorry, got hungry" I say sheepishly.

"I'm just glad it's a blood bag" he tells me. "Rebekah should be at prom now" he states.

"I hope she becomes prom queen" I say.

"She may or may not" he says. "How about dinner?" he asks me. I nod my head and we go to the grill with Coco. We compelled them to let Coco come in.

(Time skip)

After dinner we went to Rebekah's house and waited for her. She arrived and she looks beautiful. "Love the dress Rebekah" I say.

"Thank you" she says with a smile. "Though you should of seen Elena and Caroline" she states. I smile and we look at Elijah.

"You're home. And how did our Cinderella fare?" Elijah asks her.

"I think she looks more like a Belle" I tell him and he smiles.

"I won't lie. There were complications" Rebekah admits. "But I passed your test with flying color" she says with a smile. I smile to, happy for her.

"If this is what you truly want...it's yours" Elijah says holding out the box with the cure in it. She opens it and takes it in her hands.

"I guess it's time that I turned into a pumpkin. Thank you, Elijah" Rebekah says. "I'll see you later Heidi" she says before leaving us. Elijah's phone starts to ring.

"Let me guess, Nik?" I ask him.

"No" he says frowning in confusion and answers the phone. "Rebekah" he say. I frown in confusion and listen in.

"Elijah, I think Nik's up to something" Rebekah states over the phone.

"Where did you go?" he asks her.

"I'm still at the prom. Look, don't do anything with the cure until I see you" she tells him. I frown, didn't we just give it to her? "Something's not right. Elijah? Hello? Elijah, do not take your eyes off that cure" she tells him.

"I think it might be a little late for that" he tells her. "Lets go Heidi" he tells me after hanging up. I nod my head and grab Coco. We left.

A/N

Pictures above of Caroline, Elena and Rebekah dressed for prom. Picture on the external link of the Cure.