Return to New Orleans

Heidi's POV

Elijah heard about a plot against Klaus in New Orleans. So we have come to investigate the matter. I'm thrilled to be back in New Orleans. It's our vampire home, where as Mystic Falls was our human one. I longed to explore the city to see how it has changed in the last century. But Elijah told me no. He tried to convince Rebekah to come, but she refused.

We know a Jane-anne Deveraux is apparently behind the threat to Klaus. But she is dead. We managed to track down her sister though. Elijah allowed me to approach her first. "That for your sister?" I ask as she lit a candle. She looks at me startled. "I am sorry for your lose" I tell her as I approach. "May I?" I ask gesturing to the shrine and she nods her head. "Hello Jane-anne, we never meet. But be assured my family and I will watch over your sister" I state.

"Who are you?" the witch asks me.

"It's rude not to introduce yourself first" I tell her. The door behind her suddenly swings shut with a bang and startles us. I frown, that was not Elijah. The girl looks around and two vampires appear.

"The doors work, you know" the witch tells them.

"You're doing magic?" one of the vampires asks and I roll my eyes.

"We're praying to my dead sister. Go ahead, pay your respects" the witch tells them. She turns back to the other guy, who vamp-speeds right in front of her.

"Don't make this a thing, Sophie. The hybrid was looking for Jane-Anne-- Marcel wants to know why" he states.

"I'd step away from her if I were you" I tell him as I lean against the wall.

"Who are you little girl?" the other vampire asks.

"Someone you don't want to mess with, I suggest you leave now" I tell them bored.

"You don't scare us" he states as the other chuckles.

"Oh, that sounds like witch business. I'd say ask her yourself, but I guess you can't, seeing as Marcel killed her" Sophie says drawing the attention from me. The first man begins to attack her from behind, but suddenly disappears. I smile smugly as a heart appears in his place.

"I told you" I tell the other vampire who looks around angry. He doesn't have time to do anything about it before their attacker has thrown him up against the brick building, where he is held by a long stake protruding from his chest. Elijah straightens his coat. "Hello brother" I say with a smile.

"Must you toy with them Heidi?" he asks.

"You hate when I kill people" I remind him.

"I'm Elijah. You heard of me?" he asks Sophie.

"You're Klaus' brother. I've heard of all of you and Heidi" she states. As Elijah cleans his bloody hand.

"Sorry our introduction was interrupted" I tell her as I stand by Elijah. "But now for the reason why we are here" I state.

"I'm an Original. And I could kill you before you make a move. So could Heidi if she wished too. Why don't you tell us what business your family has with my brother?" Elijah asks her.

"It's not safe to talk here, come" Sophie says and starts to walk away. She leads us to a cemetery. Which we could not enter and she looks back at us. "This is sacred ground, which means vampires have to be invited in. But, since I'm desperate... Come on in" she tells us. We enter the cemetery. "We can talk freely here" she states.

"Then I suggest you start talking. What did your sister want with Niklaus?" Elijah asks her.

"Isn't it obvious? We have a vampire problem, and we need help. Marcel has an army backing him. The witches have been trying to fight back. We haven't had much luck, until my sister Jane-Anne met a girl, a werewolf passing through the quarter from a small town in Virginia. She had a special connection to your brother" Sophie explains.