Chapter 2 - Homeland

As soon as he left, Bella left her barely held in scream out and started crying. Kol tried his best to comfort her. The banging of the door woke Rebekah up (AN: Only Finn was daggered for now. Rebekah is daggered later. Katherine does not know that Klaus and Elijah are related to the 3 siblings). She flew downstairs in time to see Bella collapse. Kol and Rebekah shared a look. 'We'll need to move again,' they thought.

It was late in the night when Bella finally settled. She remembered the first time they'd met...

Flashback:

Bella had recently moved to Mystic falls, their home town, with Kol and Rebekah. Needing a little peace, she wandered off the property and reached a small stream. She was sitting there for some time when she heard footsteps leading her way. She tensed but didn't turn around. A human should not be able to hear them.

"Hello Miss!", said an alluring voice. Bella pretended to be startled and turned around to see the most beautiful icy blue-grey eyes looking at her. "I apologize. I didn't mean to startle you. I'm Damon Salvatore." "It's quite alright Mr. Salvatore. I'm Isabella Bathory. But please do call me Bella." "Only if you call me Damon, Miss Bella."

End of flashback.

He had been so sweet to her. Had defended her honour when the mayor's son asked for her price. Where had that Damon gone? Oh yes, that Damon who could not bear to hear his best friend trash talked, had been compelled by Klaus' dear doppelganger to treat her as novelty and treat Bella as a common harlot.

"I will rip his bloody head off. You just say the word sister!," Bekah yelled.

"Neither you nor Kol will do such a thing. If he wants her then let it be so. We shall leave in a week. I need to see Klaus. Besides, I have a feeling the town is going to be aware of vampires very soon."

They quickly made arrangements for their items to be transported to England, where Klaus now was. Stefan was sad to see Bella go. He viewed her as an older sister. Damon just gave her a cold look. You'd think that being best friends for 3 years, he'd show some sort of remorse at her leaving. But alas, Katherine had her claws embedded deep inside him.

Bidding goodbye to the town families, they left.

~**~

A week after the Mikaelson's left, the town started hunting vampires. Stefan and Damon's father shot them, killing them.

Damon sat on a rock near the stream he first met Bella. Thinking about everything that happened. After he transitioned (courtesy of Stefan), Katherine's compulsion wore off. He was now regretting whatever he'd said to Bella. He'd been in love with his best friend but as soon as he revealed this secret to Katherine, she compelled him to start loving her.

He kept seeing Bella's broken face when he told her he hated her. He clenched his eyes in pain. He couldn't believe he ever called her a whore. How could he call her selfish and attention-seeking when he knew perfectly well that she was the most selfless person he ever met and that she loathed attention. She was his home. She gave him the love he thought he'd never receive. And he exiled her. It was a bitter pill to swallow.

He punched a hole through the tree beside him. He wanted to kill the bitch Katherine. How could she do this?! Well he knew the answer to that.

He'd heard from Katherine that if one turns off their emotions they don't feel anything. And with the amount of pain in his heart, he decided to do just that and took off into the night.

Stefan watched as his brother shut down his emotions and ran away. He felt guilty about making him complete his transition but he did not want to be alone in his vampiric life. With a sigh he too disappeared in the darkness.

AN: I wanted to give the ages of everyone and give a little backstory to the Mikaelson clan:

Ages:

Bella - 18

Kol - 20

Rebekah - 19

Klaus - 21

Elijah - 23

Damon - 20

Stefan - 17

Backstory - The Mikaelsons all had one thing in common. They loved Bella very much. Bella's favourite siblings were Klaus, Kol and Henrik. Henrik is 14 when he dies. Bella was 13. Esther took a year to make the potion. They saved some part of the potion for Bella to give her when she grew older. Mikeal loved Bella a lot and did not abuse anyone in her presence. The one thing he and Klaus could get along on was to protect Bella and harm whoever hurt her.

Vote and Comment!