Chapter 3 - Journey

AN: This is gonna be a long chapter....

When Bella reached Klaus' home, he immediately took his beloved sister in his arms and shushed her while she broke down. Rebekah and Kol silently trailed after them. When Bella fell asleep, he turned to his other siblings with questioning eyes.

"She just got her heart broken due to your precious doppelganger, Nik. Turns out Katerina Petrova is now going by Katherine Pierce. She came to Mystic Falls just 2 years after we established ourselves there. Started playing with both Salvatore brothers. Compelled the elder one who our little swan is in love with and I thought he loved her too.", started Kol.

Rebekah continued, "The night we called you, Isa and the elder Salvatore brother got into a huge argument. Little Belle was trying to get Damon to see through the compulsion. He ended up accusing her of being the one trying to create a wedge between Katherine and himself. He insulted her Nik! I was ready to rip his bloody limbs off."

By the end of their explanation, Niklaus' eyes were glaring daggers at the wall as if by doing so he could kill Damon.

"She needs to heal. I suggest travelling for a little while. Maybe go to Chicago.", Klaus suggested. He looked towards his little sister and swore to himself that if and when he ever saw the elder Salvatore, he would torture him, hurt him like he did Bella.

For the next few years, Kol and Bella travelled the world while Klaus and Bekah left for Chicago. They'd heard about the other species having new born wars in Texas and went to see what the situation was. Hat was where they met the Whitlock coven which consisted of Jasper, Peter and Charlotte. Bella took an immediate liking to the three and they agreed to keep in contact. That was the day she gained 3 more overprotective siblings even if she was unaware of it.

Later they went to Italy to see how the three brothers Elijah had put in charge of the Cold Ones were planning to handle the Southern Wars. Turns out they were quite incompetent and had started to clean up the Wars only when they heard about the Originals coming to visit.

During their Journey they also met a vampire called Charlie who was a newly transitioned vampire abandoned by his maker. Bella helped him get accustomed to the vampiric life. They left with the assurance that whenever they needed something, he was ready to help them.

~**~

With Klaus and Bekah:

Klaus and Bekah were trying to track Mikael down. During this time they heard of a vampire who'd made quite a name as the Ripper of Monterey. They were in Gloria's bar when they came face to face with said vampire.

Rebekah was surprised to see that Stefan was a vampire. This also meant that maybe Damon was also a vampire and that Izzy could maybe find love again. Rebekah understood Isa's relationship with Damon better than their brothers. She knew that Isa would not love anyone more than Damon. She was not this happy even with Benjamin who was her longest lover at one point.

With Damon it was like they were looking at the old Bella, the girl she was before Henrik died and their mother changed them into vampires.

Stefan was surprised to see Miss Rebekah, Miss Bella's older sister looking the same she did 30 years ago. That was when he realised that his brother still had a chance to fix his mistakes.

He got on great with even the feared hybrid.

They stayed together till Mikael found them. Rebekah did not want to leave and lose the opportunity to meet Damon and help Bella. This caused Klaus to dagger Bekah and compel Stefan to forget about them in case Mikael ever found him.

~**~

With Damon:

Damon was never able to forget his Isa. If she was ever even his. He regretted telling her to die. Regretted the fact that he never confessed his feelings to her. Regretted that he didn't say a word to her, to try and stop her, when she left town with her siblings. He remembered the first time he'd met her by the stream. She was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen. Bright brown eyes that were like melted chocolate, luscious brown hair that appeared red in the sunlight and her soft voice.

He masked his pain by often drinking and hooking up with different girls, using them as blood bags.

When he first turned, he tried to find Isa and tell her how sorry he was. Beg for her forgiveness. He didn't want to see her walk away from him. It killed him to think that he was the one who walked away after insulting her so horribly. Tell her how much he needed her. How possessive he'd sometimes get when someone else looked at her.

He had vague memories of her face transforming as his did when near blood. He figured he was compelled to forget when he saw Isa as a vampire. At first he felt betrayed that she had compelled him like Katherine did, lied to him. But later, he realised it was necessary and that neither she nor her family had ever harmed anyone.

Everytime he thought about her, he shut his emotions down.

A few years later, he was captured by Wes Maxfeild. There was another vampire named Lorenzo (Enzo for short) who'd become friends with Damon during his 5 years in the Augustine society. For the years he was there, Damon and Enzo were tortured endlessly. During this time, he told his friend about his human life, Katherine's compulsion, Stefan and his best friend who he believed was still out there somewhere. They eventually came up with a plan to escape Augustine.

The night of the party, Damon was able to overpower Dr. Whitmore when he was allowed out of his cage to give his blood and take out most of the party attendees, but in the commotion, a fire was started by a fallen candle.

Damon believed that Enzo had died in the fire. That was until a few years later when he met him in a bar. Enzo was angry that Damon had abandoned him in that hell hole but he agreed to make peace with him when he realised that Damon actually regretted not being able to save Enzo.

(AN: I know that this does not happen in the original plot line, but just go with it.)

~**~

Years later, Damon heard from Stefan about the Katherine look alike and that he was dating said person. Not able to bear Stefan being happy, he left for their hometown to make his life miserable.

During all this, Bella and Kol had split up and Klaus, hearing that Mikael was close to finding Kol, tracked him down and daggered him.

Bella wanted to try living a normal life and moved in with Charlie.

AN: Finally reached the present (well almost). Cullens and the 'Scooby gang' appearing soon...

VOTE AND COMMENT!