Won't Know What Hit Them

"Hey, Aunt Kate." I smiled softly, entering the office of Miss Kate, who also happens to be my aunt. She grinned warmly at the sight of me and stood up, giving me a hug.

"Oh, you've grown up so much! How was your first day here?" She asked, looking me up and down. 

"My first day was great. I got the job at Hidalgo's, and I met a couple of new people, made friends, the usual deal. It feels like I haven't seen Toronto in ages and I can't wait to see little Cookie again." Cookie is Aunt Kate's little chocolate and cream dog, almost like cookies and cream. I only saw him once and that was when Kate came to visit, so it'll be nice feeling his warm, snuggly fur again.

"He's missed you, I keep on seeing him chewing the squeaky toy you gave him when I visited, and speaking of visiting, how's your mom? I don't think I've seen Clara in ages, but I can't visit since I can't leave A-Troupe alone. It's hard after I took over completely after Chris left." Chris was a good friend of mine but he left for Superstar, now we aren't really in touch, but there's the odd supermarket meeting that'll happen once in a while.

"Oh, A-Troupe reminds me, how about you watch a rehearsal? Noah recently got into A-Troupe and I'm sure he'd love seeing you again." She gave me a knowing wink, doing a little jig on the spot.

"Thanks, Kate, but I'd rather not. He probably doesn't remember me." I refused, stepping back solemnly.

"Well, if there's anything I can get for you before I come home, tell me. Here's the spare key." She dropped a key in my hand and I closed my fist around it, smiling bravely before exiting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

— Noah's POV —

"Who are we supposed to find?! There's practically no one!"

"We won't have even numbers against Elite!"

"We'll lose!"

We were in the middle of a heated conversation because we were one short against the battle against Elite. Unfortunately, Richelle couldn't come up because she wasn't ready, neither were any of the J-Troupers. It was worrying, so Eldon and I were standing to the side trying to figure something out. 

"Well, I got nothing." I decided after a moment of stroking my chin thoughtfully. Eldon was doing the same, before he lit up like a lightbulb exploded above his head. He turned tail and started running noisily out of the studio, so I just stood there dumbstruck until he returned with a girl with black hair and stunning blue eyes, cheeks tinged with pink at the amount of running she must've done to get there. She seemed familiar really, with the determined look she had in the bright blue pools that were her eyes to the slightly upturned corner of her mouth. The rest of A-Troupe looked at Eldon with a confused look, including me, except James and Riley who grinned at the sight of her.

"Guys, she will be our new dancer." Eldon stated firmly, Miss Kate coming out of the group and spotting her.

"She'll have to audition, so start stretching." She agreed, motioning for everyone to stand to the side. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the music started, she slowly did an extension before wrapping her fingers round her foot and bringing her legs further than a split, bending sideways to a 270 degree angle. I was amazed at the precision, technique and balance, also the emotion that emitted from her.

Wow. 

This dancer, whoever she is, is phenomenal. She has everything we need, emotion, connection, precision and perfect technique, and I could tell my teammates were impressed. It was more than that for me, I mean, wow again. 

"This solo is killer." James whispered in awe to me and Riley and we both nodded like wobbly-headed dogs in response, my mouth refusing to close until she came to a stop to thunderous applause. 

"I think we found our new A-Trouper." Miss Kate beamed, everyone cheering and engulfing the black-haired girl in a group hug before the girl started to pack up to leave. I really wanted to be her friend, one, she seems approachable and two, she's a remarkable dancer. I lingered as she was putting on her trainers, held up a little by doing her laces.

Now's your chance, Noah. 

"Uh, hey, I don't really know your name." I stammered, fiddling with my fingers nervously. She flicked her eyes up once before turning her head to fully look at me, showing her high cheekbones and defined jawline. 

"I don't know yours either, but we can start with that. I'm Hayley."

Hayley. Where had I heard that before?

"I'm Noah. Nice to meet you. I was wondering whether you'd like to get a shake, maybe get to know each other?" She gave a warm smile and got up, slinging her bag over her shoulder.

"I'm down. My favourite drink is a vanilla milkshake."

"No way, mine too!"