Blind Eyes

Noah, Cierra and I were chatting at a table in Hidalgo's while West and Eldon stormed around aimlessly, looking for Eldon's lucky coin.

"Can you believe that Shantel just walked out?" I gossiped, taking a sip of my vanilla milkshake. 

"I can. Shantel has always been one for dramatics." Cierra scoffed, crossing her arms. West bumped into the table and both mine and Noah's drinks spilt, both of us catching it without looking and putting it back on the table. 

"You... caught those drinks." Eldon narrowed his eyes, stalking over suspiciously. West picked up the glass, dropping it, and Noah caught it and put it back on the table swiftly.

"We're going to have to do some investigating." Cierra smirked, the three dragging us over to Studio A. They put blindfolds on us as Eldon lined up an array of basketballs in front of them, picking it up and then hurling the orange balls at us, but we dodged them easily, much to their surprise. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Noah and I sat down, laughing, on a bench after the rigorous training that we underwent.

"You know, me and an old friend of mine used to do this all the time." He laughed, tying up his shoelaces. A flutter of hope rose inside me at what he said. He remembered me, at least. Even if it's only a memory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eldon and I were sitting in the rehearsal room, drinking water.

"Does Noah seriously not remember you?" He chuckled, taking a sip.

"It's been years, give the poor boy a break." I retorted, punching his shoulder.

"You know, I would kill to be in your place right now." He grinned, sitting up.

"Why so?"

"I want to be with Thalia, but I can't do 30 pirouettes, so I can't talk to her. But you get to talk to Noah and build your same relationship back up with him and I know you two are meant to be. I would give anything to talk to Thalia again." He trailed off, taking a dismayed drink of water. I instantly felt sorry for the guy. 

"I might be able to help." He looked up, confused.

"How?"

"Come on, we have to find some sweet spots." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I gave Eldon the map and then hurried off, bumping into Riley along the way. 

"Oh! Hayley, I was looking for you. Um, we have to be prepared for Internationals so is there a chance you could make up a backup solo, just in case I get injured or something else happens?" She seemed stressed, so I agreed.

"Yeah, I'm down."

"Cool!"